• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charladenz

Morning folks,

I've seen a vacancy for a Caledonian Sleeper Team Leaders on Serco. Minimal information around the shift work that would be required. Is there anyone who works for them that can give a sample roster for that role or similar?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Pure speculation, but I believe they work one way, day lodge, work back a couple of times a week. Not sure how it works with Saturdays and no trains

whoosh

Established Member
Whilst we wait for someone with hopefully more information, my understanding is:

Sun out, day lodge, Mon back,
Tues out, day lodge, wed back,
Thurs out, day lodge, fri back,

Saturday - doesn't run.

They have crew based at both the London and Scottish ends.

I don't know if it's a 6 day week, or a 4 day, or a mixture.

Various alterations around Christmas time I believe, maybe with trains meeting and crew swapping half way, so they are all home for Christmas.

The following was posted a while back in relation to sleeper host or similar role:

Shift patterns for workings based at Euston. Over a 3-week pattern was:

Week 1:

Sun - RD
Mon - RD
Tue - To Scotland
Wed - From Scotland
Thur - To Scotland
Fri - From Scotland
Sat - RD

Week 2:

Sun - To Scotland
Mon - From Scotland
Tue - RD
Wed - RD
Thur - To Scotland
Fri - From Scotland
Sat - RD

Week 3:

Sun - To Scotland
Mon - From Scotland
Tue - To Scotland
Wed - From Scotland
Thur - RD
Fri - RD
Sat - RD

So every third week you'll always get a long weekend. And you'll always have Saturday night at home. For London crews, you rotate round all 5 destinations in Scotland.

Charladenz

T
The following was posted a while back in relation to sleeper host or similar role:

Shift patterns for workings based at Euston. Over a 3-week pattern was:

Week 1:

Sun - RD
Mon - RD
Tue - To Scotland
Wed - From Scotland
Thur - To Scotland
Fri - From Scotland
Sat - RD

Week 2:

Sun - To Scotland
Mon - From Scotland
Tue - RD
Wed - RD
Thur - To Scotland
Fri - From Scotland
Sat - RD

Week 3:

Sun - To Scotland
Mon - From Scotland
Tue - To Scotland
Wed - From Scotland
Thur - RD
Fri - RD
Sat - RD

So every third week you'll always get a long weekend. And you'll always have Saturday night at home. For London crews, you rotate round all 5 destinations in Scotland.
Thank you, I appreciate that. :)

Jacobite

Morning folks,

I've seen a vacancy for a Caledonian Sleeper Team Leaders on Serco. Minimal information around the shift work that would be required. Is there anyone who works for them that can give a sample roster for that role or similar?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Charladenz, I've recently applied for this position, I hope you don't mind me asking but did you find out any other information? Have you started on the Caledonian Sleeper?

MrS99

Hi Charladenz, I've recently applied for this position, I hope you don't mind me asking but did you find out any other information? Have you started on the Caledonian Sleeper?
I applied for Train Manager role based at Waverley, and have an interview on Friday 7th January. I will be asking questions about rosters etc, and will update accordingly.

Jacobite

I applied for Train Manager role based at Waverley, and have an interview on Friday 7th January. I will be asking questions about rosters etc, and will update accordingly.
That’s great thanks, best of luck with the interview

MrS99

Just had my interview and had the chance to answer a few questions. Train managers are predominantly required for Edinburgh Northbound services. Contrary to what I believed, TM's seem to work a train, and then pass back on a Scotrail (or other) service, and vice versa.

Interview was fairly standard. Started with a presentation you had prepared about yourself. Five 'tell me about a time when...' questions, and the chance for you to ask any questions at the end. Two interviewees, director of operations and what appeared to be the equivalent of a Conductor Team Manager.

Jacobite

Just had my interview and had the chance to answer a few questions. Train managers are predominantly required for Edinburgh Northbound services. Contrary to what I believed, TM's seem to work a train, and then pass back on a Scotrail (or other) service, and vice versa.

Interview was fairly standard. Started with a presentation you had prepared about yourself. Five 'tell me about a time when...' questions, and the chance for you to ask any questions at the end. Two interviewees, director of operations and what appeared to be the equivalent of a Conductor Team Manager.
Sounds interesting, thanks for letting me know. Hope it went well and you get good news soon. Thanks again.

Deano4

No mention of drivers jobs. I believe GBRf do the majority of driving for CS so I would expect these assignments to be designated for internal employees, I may of course be wrong!
Oh I see, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.