• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper

Highlandspring

Established Member
I think it’s a variation on STP short term plan, possibly adding “very”.
Yes but that term specifically refers to a type of schedule not a routine step up of resources after a failure. It’s a bit like saying your car has “failed its MOT” when you need to put petrol in; it’s just not correct. So presumably it was just an attempt to sound in the know that in reality makes no sense whatsoever.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scotrail84

Established Member
A 92 ran light through Slateford about 07:10 heading towards midcalder, presumably this was the loco from 1S25 as only the spare 90 was in the South loop, my guess is that 92 will work 1M11 tonight with the 87 DIT. Not all drivers sign the 87.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A 92 ran light through Slateford about 07:10 heading towards midcalder, presumably this was the loco from 1S25 as only the spare 90 was in the South loop, my guess is that 92 will work 1M11 tonight with the 87 DIT. Not all drivers sign the 87.

The consensus of opinion elsewhere is that it will be working under its own power on 1M11 tonight. I guess it will be a case of wait and see.

captainbigun

87002 is booked to work 1M11 and the booked driver signs the loco.

92018 is floating about somewhere as it's due to work 6M51/6S50 out of Millerhill.

Last edited:

Birdsnest

Someone just checked for me and said it is allocated 5M11 and then no further allocation

captainbigun

People and their obsession with TOPS.

It is allocated 5M11 as it will be on the rear of the consist. It is booked and will run 1M11.

Wibble.

VT 390

Established Member
Does anyone know the last dates for the current sleeper stock on the Highland route and the first dates for the new stock on the Highland routes?

VT 390

Established Member
I am currently trying to book sleeper tickets for July and when I get to guest details page it wants my email to send e-tickets to. Does it have to be done as an e-ticket as I much prefer a paper ticket.

theironroad

Established Member
I am currently trying to book sleeper tickets for July and when I get to guest details page it wants my email to send e-tickets to. Does it have to be done as an e-ticket as I much prefer a paper ticket.

There used to be an option of post or email but the website seems to have changed since I last used it a couple months ago. I see on the personal details page where it asks for email, it does say that ticket will be sent by email.

As an aside, it seems the ability to select a berth has been removed again and that you take what your are given???

BRX

Established Member
Does anyone know the last dates for the current sleeper stock on the Highland route and the first dates for the new stock on the Highland routes?
Let's hope the two dates are not more than one day apart, whatever they are.

TimboM

Established Member
When I booked the other night there was the option of collect at station as well as email.
The email does include the ticket as a pdf attachment you can print, so if you're able to access a printer you can still create a hard-copy ticket to take with you if you prefer.

TimboM

Established Member
Let's hope the two dates are not more than one day apart, whatever they are.
:lol:
In answer to the original question, the date for Highlander launch hasn't been firmed up yet - latest is "early June"...

VT 390

Established Member
:lol:
In answer to the original question, the date for Highlander launch hasn't been firmed up yet - latest is "early June"...

At the moment it is definitely the new sleeper for July on the Highland as I have just booked Club room tickets for early July. Looking at the website it appears to be Sunday 2nd June that all the sleeper services will be the new stock but this could be delayed again.

alistairlees

Established Member
At the moment it is definitely the new sleeper for July on the Highland as I have just booked Club room tickets for early July. Looking at the website it appears to be Sunday 2nd June that all the sleeper services will be the new stock but this could be delayed again.
Yes, Sunday 2nd June is the date.

alistairlees

Established Member
For travel on new trains (i.e. from Sunday 2nd June) yes, just eTicket. Until then ToD and post are also available as options.

alistairlees

Established Member
There used to be an option of post or email but the website seems to have changed since I last used it a couple months ago. I see on the personal details page where it asks for email, it does say that ticket will be sent by email.

As an aside, it seems the ability to select a berth has been removed again and that you take what your are given???
You can select a berth for any train up to the 1st June. The functionality to do this for any train from 2nd June will appear shortly.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You can select a berth for any train up to the 1st June. The functionality to do this for any train from 2nd June will appear shortly.

I hope to travel later this year - does anyone know what the berth / room numbering for the new stock is? I'd be looking for "classic" rooms at the very end(s) of the carriages if possible.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I hope to travel later this year - does anyone know what the berth / room numbering for the new stock is? I'd be looking for "classic" rooms at the very end(s) of the carriages if possible.

I believe that the numbering system will still be the same, on the basis that the berths and seats on the existing stock was renumbered recently so as to reflect the (now delayed) introduction of the new Mk V stock.

For example, in the present Mk III stock, the twin/shared berths used to be numbered from 1 to 24 (or 26), with the odd numbers being for the lower bunk, and even numbers for the top bunk. The berths were recently renumbered from 1 to 12 (or 13), with a "L" for the lower bunk, and a "U" for the upper bunk. On the new Mk V stock, I think that the "L" and "U" designations will be removed 9as will the ability to share with a member of the same sex), as tickets sold will be on a per room basis rather than per bed.

VT 390

Established Member
I believe that the numbering system will still be the same, on the basis that the berths and seats on the existing stock was renumbered recently so as to reflect the (now delayed) introduction of the new Mk V stock.

For example, in the present Mk III stock, the twin/shared berths used to be numbered from 1 to 24 (or 26), with the odd numbers being for the lower bunk, and even numbers for the top bunk. The berths were recently renumbered from 1 to 12 (or 13), with a "L" for the lower bunk, and a "U" for the upper bunk. On the new Mk V stock, I think that the "L" and "U" designations will be removed 9as will the ability to share with a member of the same sex), as tickets sold will be on a per room basis rather than per bed.

When I booked my tickets from Euston to Fort William today for travel in July in a solo Club room the room number says coach F Berth 02L. This is for travel on the new stock so I am not sure the L and U will be removed. But as I have chosen the solo room option in Club class I am not sure what the L stands for.

alistairlees

Established Member
When I booked my tickets from Euston to Fort William today for travel in July in a solo Club room the room number says coach F Berth 02L. This is for travel on the new stock so I am not sure the L and U will be removed. But as I have chosen the solo room option in Club class I am not sure what the L stands for.
Lower