• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Are both 1S26 and 1M11 running as mk5s tonight? Bold move if so!
Unfortunately the ECML divert bowls me out of seeing them.

It does seem that way - operationally an East Coast night is more complex and requires earlier departures. Not going well at either end at the moment it would appear.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JModulo

5C11 been stuck at Carstairs for around 80 minutes now, signalling issues. 1M11 now stuck behind it...

Peter0124

Established Member
Managed to catch a very rare glance of 5C11 1944 Polmadie Car M.D. to Edinburgh as it pulled in and stopped at Newton (Lanark) earlier, waiting for a class 390 to cross the junction!
Meaning we have a class 92 and a class 390 stood side by side at a station that they do not even normally pass directly through!
Also managed to catch 1M11 2140 Glasgow Central to London Euston hauled by 92043 at the same station!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If there is anyone that is doing it in the seats, any indication as to the comfort of the seats would be greatly appreciated.

They appear to be the same as the Class 800 in First Class so go ride one of those and try them out :)

My experience of those is that they are very good Standard Class. I wouldn't cough up a First Class fare for one (I declined to bother with Weekend First on the 800), but they are definitely better than Megabus or NatEx, which is what the seats are competing with.

Kite159

Veteran Member
If there is anyone that is doing it in the seats, any indication as to the comfort of the seats would be greatly appreciated.
Sam

I will let you know when we eventually get allowed on

Some other pictures from the windows, I just hope those are not fixed armrests

IMG_20190429_241045550.jpg IMG_20190429_240104450.jpg IMG_20190429_240018522.jpg

BRX

Established Member
I'd have my camping mat and sleeping bag at the ready, and make use of that nice big bit of floor in the disabled area if no-one turns up to use it!

theironroad

Established Member
The Glasgow portion appears to be joining you there - it's 84 late, wonder why?

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G61065/2019/04/28/advanced

However, I can't see why you haven't been allowed to board.

Signalling problems in the Carstairs area. The empties from polmadie to Edinburgh arrived 2 hours late and the portion from Glasgow that will attach at Edinburgh to those empties is between Carstairs and kirknewron running about the same late.

An RT arrival in Euston ,where I'm guessing an event is planned , is looking unlikely....

theironroad

Established Member
Hope it's not going to get worse, as Traksy shows a partial block in place between Dunbar and Berwick ( presumably an engineering possession thatbwasnplannwd to be taken after the southbound lowlander had passed??). Hopefully I'm wrong....

Kite159

Veteran Member
The talking megabog in the seated coach will get annoying after a while.

"Door is opening"
" Door is closing"
"Door is unlocked/locked"

sdrennan

Looks as if the first night of the new stock is not going well.
And the issues seem to be either Signalling delays and for some reason long delays at Newcastle waiting on drivers- Not seen any comments relating to problems with the actual trains :)