• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Camberley to Shepherds Bush monthly ticket advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael.james6

Hi Chaps,

I've been a long time lurker on the site and enjoyed reading all the helpful advice. I've finally sorted out my living arrangements so I no longer live in london but will still have to visit everyday for work (shepherds bush).

My starting destination will be Camberley and will need to end up in Shepherds bush (overground). When I do this journey at the moment (on visits) I change at clapham junction.

I have in the passed gotten off the train at Richmond and caught the underground to hammersmith and walked the remaining part of the journey.

I'm looking at travelling at about 6:30 / 7.00am everyday and leaving London at around 5pm.

I have a young persons rail card but I don't think I can use this for this journey as its so early in the morning.

More than willing to have a slightly longer journey to the office if it works out cheaper.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Would you require Zone 1 at all? Possibly for a trip into Central London to meet friends?

michael.james6

Not really, at most I go to central london a couple of times a month. The only reason I would need a Zone 1 is for work and then I would just pop it on my oyster card and get it back as expenses.

sonic2009

Established Member
My starting destination will be Camberley and will need to end up in Shepherds bush (overground). When I do this journey at the moment (on visits) I change at clapham junction.

I have in the passed gotten off the train at Richmond and caught the underground to hammersmith and walked the remaining part of the journey.

Welcome to the forum :)

The best ticket I can recommend is a :

Camberley - London Zones 2 -6 route any permitted weekly season priced at £87.30

If you did want to include Zone 1 the weekly season for a Zone 1 -6 is priced at £98.70

this will allow you to do the same as you have described above.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
That season seems surprisingly dear - although it is 20p cheaper than a Camberley to Shepherds Bush season and has much more flexibility! With the Y-P railcard discount, five anytime day returns from Camberley to Shepherds Bush, route NOT VIA LONDON, only comes to £81.50, a small saving of £5.80.

Another alternative is to split season tickets at Sunningdale:
Camberley to Sunningdale - Weekly Season £20.90
Sunningdale to Shepherds Bush Not Via London - Weekly Season £63.00
Total £83.90

In July and August, when there is no morning minimum fare on the Y-P railcard, you can split anytime day returns at Sunningdale as follows:
Camberley to Sunningdale - SDR £3.05
Sunningdale to Shepherds Bush Not Via London - SDR £9.70
Total £12.75 x 5 = £63.75 - quite a worthy saving of well over £20 there, as long as you get on a strain that stops at Sunningdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.