• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambrian Heritage Railways acquires two Class 144 Pacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llanigraham

On Moderation
Where do they stand with PRM compliance for the units. Obviously with the heritage operations to Weston Wharf they will be fine, but if and when they come to operating regular services between Gobowen and Oswestry, this will be effectively a privately operated service train, hence PRM compliance will be required. Is this potential for e-pacer conversions? Clearly there are other obstacles, namely the two crossings, to be overcome before operations to Gobowen can start.

Correction:
For the service to Gobowen they only have to use the northern crossing of the A5/Oswestry by-pass.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Correction:
For the service to Gobowen they only have to use the northern crossing of the A5/Oswestry by-pass.
Apologies. Thanks for the correction and local knowledge. Should make things a little easier, though still a major obstacle.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Correction:
I remember driving over (on the road axis of course) this level crossing years ago on my way to Green Man Festival, and being surprised to see a level crossing over a dual carriageway. Then again there were a few unusual road things in that neck of the woods, including a dual carriageway which had been downgraded back to a single, with the other carriageway left to rot! Conclusion: North East Wales is a bit odd... buying not one but TWO Pacers seems to prove it! ;)

4F89

I remember driving over (on the road axis of course) this level crossing years ago on my way to Green Man Festival, and being surprised to see a level crossing over a dual carriageway. Then again there were a few unusual road things in that neck of the woods, including a dual carriageway which had been downgraded back to a single, with the other carriageway left to rot! Conclusion: North East Wales is a bit odd... buying not one but TWO Pacers seems to prove it! ;)
Oswestry is in England....

Status
Not open for further replies.