• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambrian & llyn lines to close for 9 days,report

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
Network Rail are requesting a complete passenger shutdown in late March for nine days ,on both lines, Shrewsbury/Aber/Dyfi Junc/ Pwllheli . This is according to credible reports in the industry.

I am sure Planner will give us chapter & verse.

I have started a new thread as this covers every inch of line,the other threads cover local areas

Bob

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Marston

Established Member
Network Rail are requesting a complete passenger shutdown in late March for nine days ,on both lines, Shrewsbury/Aber/Dyfi Junc/ Pwllheli . This is according to credible reports in the industry.

I am sure Planner will give us chapter & verse.

I have started a new thread as this covers every inch of line,the other threads cover local areas

Bob

Lets hope NR get the job done on schedule (ERTMS et al). 9 days is a long time with bus replacements.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Heard this a few weeks back, same sort of comissioning programme as the Harlech section. Was meant to be half term but it dragged on yet again. No idea what contingency there is though if it doesnt work as I can't see continued large blocks being allowed.

merlodlliw

Established Member
Heard this a few weeks back, same sort of comissioning programme as the Harlech section. Was meant to be half term but it dragged on yet again. No idea what contingency there is though if it doesnt work as I can't see continued large blocks being allowed.

Reports reaching me, give the dates of total close-down as March 19th to 27th,with rail replacement buses,

Out of interest what happens to the ATW train staff staff for 9 days that are based at Mach & Pwlhelli, are they used elsewhere or what,

Bob

Reports reaching me, give the dates of total close-down as March 19th to 27th,with rail replacement buses,

Out of interest what happens to the ATW train staff staff for 9 days that are based at Mach & Pwlhelli, are they used elsewhere or what,

Bob

During the close-down week parts of the line will be progressively handed over for driver training / route familiarisation. So there will be trains running (without passengers). Only a limited amount of drivers have been passed out for Pwllheli - Harlech operation, the remainder will need to done before it goes back into passenger service.

merlodlliw

Established Member
During the close-down week parts of the line will be progressively handed over for driver training / route familiarisation. So there will be trains running (without passengers). Only a limited amount of drivers have been passed out for Pwllheli - Harlech operation, the remainder will need to done before it goes back into passenger service.

Thanks for that really good explanation,will the guard/conductor also be on the DMU?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.