• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge power loss last night (7/2/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzer

Established Member
I heard from a (non rail-enthusiast) acquaintance just now that trains were all heavily disrupted last night due to a power loss around Cambridge. He was stuck on a train for five hours and then believed he was hauled by "something diesel" to a village station for disembarkment, on a Greater Anglia service. Does anyone have more details about this? I'm curious what they were able to get to haul them in the area (a thunderbird 67 maybe?).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Failed Unit

Established Member
I heard from a (non rail-enthusiast) acquaintance just now that trains were all heavily disrupted last night due to a power loss around Cambridge. He was stuck on a train for five hours and then believed he was hauled by "something diesel" to a village station for disembarkment, on a Greater Anglia service. Does anyone have more details about this? I'm curious what they were able to get to haul them in the area (a thunderbird 67 maybe?).

Power problem between Royston and Cambridge. One of the first impacted services was the 1721 London - Cambridge. Which I think didn’t make it to Cambridge until after 2030.

It was then London - Royston for most of evening

believe was 1707 Liv St Kings Lynn that caused the trouble initially, Great Northern web site said was a defective pantograph anyway
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L29246/2019/02/07/advanced

and yes was a bad business, more or less everything cancelled til close of service http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/CBG/2019/02/07/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Cambridge XC driver said on twitter had to be taxied out to fetch in 2 units, one of which I think was abandoned at Great Chesterford for a number of hours

Many units didnt make it to Camb last night, there were 6 cancellations this AM from Camb to Liv St

Quite a few cancellations and short formations out of King's Lynn early this morning as several of the units that are usually stabled there overnight didn't make it back.

Class315

Power problem between Royston and Cambridge. One of the first impacted services was the 1721 London - Cambridge. Which I think didn’t make it to Cambridge until after 2030.

It was then London - Royston for most of evening

I was the ex 17:21, arrived at Foxton and got a contact signaller message who informed me of electrical supply problems in Shepreth Branch junction area, where two consecutive trains encountered ADD activations.

A decision was made to terminate me at Foxton, but did not want to detrain passengers quite frankly in the middle of nowhere; So I went back to Royston detrained & then was asked to reform as a late running all stations to London king’s cross service.

The middle unit on the 12 car 379 1707 LST - KLN service was the culprit, then a 1T50 1742 KGX - KLN 12 car 387 went and suffered an ADD & was placed in the ‘cupboard’ whilst investigations took place. 9S44 was wrong roaded from Shepreth branch junction which meant level crossing attendants were placed at Hauxton & Harston Automatic Half barrier crossings whilst the train continued to foxton to detrain some passengers, and continued onwards to royston to detrain the remainder whom didn't alight at Foxton.

Status
Not open for further replies.