Cambridge to Maidstone Stations

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Jovian98, 20 Jan 2020.

1. Jovian98

Jovian98 Member

I wish to be able to travel from Cambridge to Maidstone as a day return trip, leaving before 0830. My preferred route is via St Pancras and Strood to Maidstone West. However I want the option on the day of going via Victoria to Maidstone East or returning that way (for example if there are cancellations, or I fancy a change).

The ticket I bought is an Anytime Day Return "valid via any permitted route" for £61.60. There is also an Anytime Day Return "not valid on HS1" for £58.30 which I didn't buy.

I notice however that there is no + symbol denoting validity on the London Underground. Can I assume therefore the ticket is NOT valid for travel via Victoria? What if I used oyster to get between St Pancras and Victoria, would my Day Return ticket be accepted on the Victoria to Maidstone segment?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. sheff1

sheff1 Established Member

The Cambridge to Maidstone ticket you have bought should have the '+' symbol. Where did you buy it from ?

4. alistairlees

alistairlees Established Member

It should have a Maltese Cross. Are you sure?

5. Jovian98

Jovian98 Member

I bought it from Cambridge Station and there's definitely no cross:

Image3.jpg

6. Jovian98

Jovian98 Member

Oh dear, that's supposed to be a cross isn't it. I can't see it with my eyes, it looks like an up arrow. o_O

7. sheff1

sheff1 Established Member

Yes. Depending where you obtain such tickets they will show the plus symbol, the 'dagger' (as on yours) or an actual Maltese Cross. I agree that the dagger is the most difficult to identify at first sight.