• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Camera Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterH

Well just had a weeks holiday in Devon and the skys where black again i wonder if the weather has it in for me in Devon
Any way i humped all my photo kit around (never again) what i want to know is (a) what lens you think is the most usefully a wide angle zoom or a telphoto zoom and (b) do you ever crop your photos

just like to no what others do
thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lesjordans

Well im planning on using a 70-200 f4 L and that will be my walkaround lens assuming you have an SLR, and if your pics are decently sized then cropping shouldnt kill.

Dennis

Established Member
I nearly always end up cropping and rotating photos - most of the ones I take are not perfectly composed and I often seem to hold the camera at a degree or two off level.

My feeling is that as long as the image is of high enough resolution, cropping is not a problem and can even be better than using high levels of zoom (which compresses distance and magnifies any camera shake).

Another advantage of cropping images is that you can take your time over the composition, something not always possible when out and about and there are only a few seconds available to acquire the image.

rmt

Dennis said:
I nearly always end up cropping and rotating photos - most of the ones I take are not perfectly composed and I often seem to hold the camera at a degree or two off level.

My feeling is that as long as the image is of high enough resolution, cropping is not a problem and can even be better than using high levels of zoom (which compresses distance and magnifies any camera shake).

Another advantage of cropping images is that you can take your time over the composition, something not always possible when out and about and there are only a few seconds available to acquire the image.

I crop a lot of my photos back, especially when I get other objects in the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.