• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can anyone identify the operator of this minibus? Cumbria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSel

I photographed this Ford Transit in July 2008 in Ireby (Cumbria) - working the less-than-daily (may only have been once a week?) service 604 to Uldale. However, I didn't make a note of the operator at the time, and have consistently failed to identify its operator ever since. Can anyone on this forum help, perhaps?

1615804840516.png
Ford Transit WM54TXE outside 'The Lion' public house in Ireby, July 2008.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

madannie77

My November 2005 Cumbria timetable book has the 604 (Wigton to Uldale) as being operated by John Ruiz (Town & Country Link), on Tuesdays and Fridays only.

The Wayback Machine agrees with this (PDF file): https://web.archive.org/web/2005122.../Content/Internet/544/931/1099/3847595934.pdf

The Wayback Machine indicates that this timetable was also current in 2008, the operator changing in September 2008 to Reays.

Many years ago I had a plan to use the 604 to start a walk at Uldale, but Stagecoach let me down (Probably due to traffic congestion) and I never did get to ride it :(

TheSel

My November 2005 Cumbria timetable book has the 604 (Wigton to Uldale) as being operated by John Ruiz (Town & Country Link), on Tuesdays and Fridays only.

The Wayback Machine agrees with this (PDF file): https://web.archive.org/web/2005122.../Content/Internet/544/931/1099/3847595934.pdf

The Wayback Machine indicates that this timetable was also current in 2008, the operator changing in September 2008 to Reays.

Many years ago I had a plan to use the 604 to start a walk at Uldale, but Stagecoach let me down (Probably due to traffic congestion) and I never did get to ride it :(
That's fantastic - very many thanks. That timetable looks familiar, too - maybe I picked a copy up at the time, or maybe it was on display in the local village shop, but something tells me I've seen it before.

Mystery solved. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.