• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can Freight drivers apply to be passenger drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlexiDriver

Just a quick one!

If you're trained as a freighter can you apply for qualified passenger jobs at other TOCs?

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

saracen

Are you likely to get it or are you at a disadvantage?

You’re a qualified driver, so you won’t be at a disadvantage.

Your safety of the line record and how well you interview are the key factors.

4F89

Apparently freight drivers are desired by pass companies as they use brakes and fuel more efficiently due to the nature of driving freight trains and arent just all on/all off drivers.

Aivilo

More desirable due to working to rules more often.

You'll never look back feel free to give me a shout

Crazyb

I work at a TOC now, but also worked for a FOC for around 25 years before I moved.

Out of my depot, I'm the only one that has ever done Single Line working on a regular basis, Temporary block, gone backwards, forwards and sideways!!!!. Possessions, hot axles, locked axles, wheel skates, fire, assistance, breaking down and waiting for assistance in the rain!!!!. Also, I've been asked to do some weird things not in the rule book, to get Network Rail out the ****.

I can recall a few years ago, that some TOC's wouldn't entertain us, because of the class 1 work.

I love my rules assessments....I've even corrected my driver manager!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.