• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

can i appy for 2 roles in same company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlygirl

Hi, I applied for a train manager role and have be asked to do an online assessment with fgw. I also would like to apply for the recently advertised trainee driver role at fgw. Does anyone know if they might not accept my application for the driver role if I apply? or would it count against me in any way?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Hi, I applied for a train manager role and have be asked to do an online assessment with fgw. I also would like to apply for the recently advertised trainee driver role at fgw. Does anyone know if they might not accept my application for the driver role if I apply? or would it count against me in any way?

I don't see any reasons as to why you can't apply for different roles. They don't have any vacancies for trainee drivers at the moment but are looking for expressions of interest in Reading,Oxford,Paddington

Swift-Deere

There both totally different jobs so you can apply for both, it would only be if they were two of the same (ie two train manager jobs) or very similar (Train Driver or Depot driver etc) they would stop you, however I did apply for two conductor roles with first (did one one day and the other the next) but didn't get either, but when I tried to apply for another conductor job with first after I had been rejected for the others, it would not let me saying I could only apply again in six months. Its kind of complicated how they do stuff lol.

Mark

Beveridges

Established Member
It won't count against you, if they didn't want you to the website would already have stopped you!

JB25

You should be fine GirlyGirl. I applied for a Conductor position and then a Driver role came up the next day which I applied for. I even had a joint interview for both jobs as they were both going to be with the same two managers anyway so seemed silly to do two separate interviews in that instance. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.