• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can I travel via Clapham Junction on a not London ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Levers

Hello

A friend is traveling tomorrow from Haslemere to Hastings at short notice.

There are 2 off-peak day single tickets An Any Permitted and a Not London. Is the Not London valid for interchange at Clapham Junction. I.e HSL to CLJ then CLJ onwards via Gatwick to Hastings.

I tried searching the forum for an answer but couldn't find one.

Thanks

NL

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Yes you definitely can. Clapham Junction is not part of 'London' for routeing purposes.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, this is permissible, as NRE produces itineraries. Search for:
Haslemere to Hastings
Avoid: London Bridge

One itinerary NRE comes up with is interchanging at Clapham Junction and Polegate

CheapAndNerdy

Be aware that National Rail is showing that the last leg of the journey is by bus.

Last edited:

TEW

Established Member
Doesn't look like there's any way to use the Not London ticket tomorrow without using a bus. In the morning there are buses from Polegate to Hastings, by afternoon it is a slightly shorter journey by bus from Pevensey & Westham to Hastings. The other possible route via Guildford, Redhill and Tonbridge would involve two buses tomorrow; Reigate-Redhill and Redhill-Tonbridge so is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.