• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelling Advance tickets because of Do not travel advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I have an advance for Friday morning with GA from Lowestoft to London, however if I cancel my plans due to the weather, would I be entitled to a refund?

Does it make a difference if GA issue a full do not travel warning?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Might depend on who you've booked your advance ticket with.

If through Greater Anglia themselves, if you've an advance, and you decide not to travel, you should be able to exchange your ticket for the same origin/destination for another date/time. Might have to pay any fare difference if the new ticket is more expensive.

You are expected to do this before 6.00 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday).

Or if you don't yet have a new date/time in mind, it should currently still be possible to get issued with a rail travel voucher for future travel.

More info here...
https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/book-confidence

Alternatively, if Greater Anglia do actually issue a "Do not travel" warning between now and Friday (which they may or may not) and/or the booked train doesn't operate for whatever reason, you should be eligible to a full refund.

Anyone concur or opine otherwise?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Might depend on who you've booked your advance ticket with.

If through Greater Anglia themselves, if you've an advance, and you decide not to travel, you should be able to exchange your ticket for the same origin/destination for another date/time. Might have to pay any fare difference if the new ticket is more expensive.

You are expected to do this before 6.00 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday).

Or if you don't yet have a new date/time in mind, it should currently still be possible to get issued with a rail travel voucher for future travel.

More info here...
https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/book-confidence

Alternatively, if Greater Anglia do actually issue a "Do not travel" warning between now and Friday (which they may or may not) and/or the booked train doesn't operate for whatever reason, you should be eligible to a full refund.

Anyone concur or opine otherwise?
Book with Confidence does not require a new travel date or the same journey to be given.

gray1404

Established Member
You should be able to cancel your Advance ticket and either get a Rail travel voucher or electronic Rail travel voucher depending on the retailer under the book with confidence scheme. This runs until the end of March irrespective of any do not travel advice. You need to apply for this by 6 p.m. the day before travel though.

The link posted above provides all the information and it looks like you need to go to the section on the web page and there is a contact form for customer relations that you need to fill in. They will send you a paper Rail travel voucher in the post if you booked with Greater Anglia as the retailer of your ticket. If you booked with another retailer their process may be slightly different.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Thanks all. I had booked my ticket through the EMR app as I had it installed from a journey a few weeks ago. After a bit of messaging the right people a refund has been organised.

Status
Not open for further replies.