• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cancelling journey before the strike with trainsplit

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebassman

I am travelling to London for a 3 day conference but because of the strike I have decided I will have to drive instead as the conference finishes next Tuesday.

My outward journey is on the Sunday.

I have asked for a refund for this journey on the Sunday that was bought seperatly from trainsplit as if I travelled one way there would be no way of me coming back.

However, they are saying they can't refund me because my journey doesn't fall within the strike days and can only defer the journey.

Is this correct because I am still affected as I bought the ticket thinking I would then be able to travel back by train but as this isn't possible my only other option is to travel by car?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
You're still entitled to a refund of your whole journey if one of the trains is cancelled. Leave it until tomorrow night when the replacement timetable is uploaded, then email again saying that your return service isn't running so you'd like the booking refunded. It's probably just some confusion in their office.

joebassman

Thanks for your reply. The only issue is that I bought the tickets seperate as singles as I am travelling from different stations. So the outward journey is from wellingborough to mill hill broadway as I am going to a family gathering the day before. Whereas the return journey is mill hill broadway to stowmarket.

I have the ticket for the conference as proof that that is the reason I am travelling.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Oops!

In that case you may need to accept the voucher for the one that's not disrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.