• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Can't find the button to buy ticket from another station at Stratford International

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkong

There are some mock-ups of Scheidt & Bachmann's new journey planner interface in this promo video

I see they are using the gov.uk design system, which is definitely a step-up from the current "light blue boxes wherever they fit on the screen" approach they use.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Krokodil

Established Member
As others have said though, you are a little reliant upon finding someone who can be bothered to do it.

I'll always do an excess, even if it's nil to pay.

Confused52

You can do an "over distance" excess for:

- Travelling out further
- Travelling out further and coming back from that farther destination
- Travelling back beyond the origin of one's return ticket (i.e. the OP)
Where can I find these rules written down please, including what they apply to e.g tickets and TOCs?

Alex365Dash

Where can I find these rules written down please, including what they apply to e.g tickets and TOCs?
The first two at least are written down in the Internal Knowledgebase (iKB).

Unfortunately nothing about overdistance excesses is documented in a public-facing document!

The RailUK Fares & Ticketing Guide (a subforum of the Fares Advice & Policy subforum) also has more details on overdistance excesses that mirrors the iKB.

Ennis

I noticed yesterday that the Southeastern TVMs at my local station now have tickets from other locations enabled, including from boundary zones.

kkong

I noticed yesterday that the Southeastern TVMs at my local station now have tickets from other locations enabled, including from boundary zones.

Yes, they sent an email about it:

Our Ticket Vending Machines have a brand new feature

We’ve updated our Ticket Vending Machines to make your journey easier

We're always looking for ways to make your journey with us as easy and convenient as possible.

We have now upgraded our Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) to include a great new 'Anywhere to Anywhere' feature.

Previously you could only buy a ticket leaving from the station you are at when using the TVM, but our new function allows you to buy a train ticket for your journey starting at any station, in the same way you can when you buy through our app or website.

For example, if you were at Charing Cross station and already had a ticket to Sevenoaks but wanted to travel further onto Tunbridge Wells, simply go to the TVM and choose Sevenoaks as your origin station and Tunbridge Wells as your destination. You will now have valid tickets for your new journey.

This will make it much easier to buy tickets for future journeys by rail or if you already hold a ticket to a specific station but decide you want to travel further*.

* You must have the correct tickets with you for the whole of your journey including any Railcards you are using. When using a combination of tickets, it is your responsibility to ensure that the train is scheduled to stop at the original destination station as specified on your ticket.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Given they are
always looking for ways to make your journey with us as easy and convenient as possible.
How come they have only introduced this functionality now? Other TOCs have had it from a number of years.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Given they are

How come they have only introduced this functionality now? Other TOCs have had it from a number of years.
Allowing tickets from another station is a balancing act for train companies because it makes short faring and doughnutting easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.