• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Career as Signaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshy89

Hello all

New to this forum so apologies

I have seen a job advertised as a trainee signaller that is based in South Wales. I am basically in my 10th year with the police service 5 years within a control room environment responding to 999 calls deploying resources conducting risk assessments per call dealing with emergency situations. Along side that and in my current role I investigate various incidents of all levels of criminality so deal with all sorts of scenes and emergency situations. With my experience as all police related do you with it would be suitable to this position in dealing with emergencies. Can anyone advise what shifts patter. they work in South Wales region and what is the application stage and test like. Is there anything I can do to prepare for these test.
Sorry for all the questions but any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chumba

Have a look in the forum a career as a signaller, there’s loads of good advice and information in there. And yes your skills are very transferable to being a signaller. Loads of ex job are in the role, me included !

Welshy89

Hi

Thanks for your reply serious considering they role but it’s good to know they would look at my skills are you a signaller yourself

Chumba

Hi

Thanks for your reply serious considering they role but it’s good to know they would look at my skills are you a signaller yourself

Not Yet I start February as a G3 signaller, only recently offered the role. Took a few goes, but got there eventually !

PM me if you need any further info.

Status
Not open for further replies.