• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Line Midnight Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

GospelOak117

Hi, I took the last Eastbound Central Line to Epping last night and when I boarded the train at Holborn it said there was also a Special due about 15 mins later.....can anybody please confirm whether this is just an ECS move, a tunnel cleaning train or the start of a horror movie for person who decides to wait back for it...as i nearly did!

Where does it go!? <D

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Looking at the Working Timetables, was it 0033-ish? If so, there's nothing after you through the tunnels at all! Perhaps it's something terminating at White City that the signalling is predicting could run through, but it isn't...

Julian G

Established Member
Hi, I took the last Eastbound Central Line to Epping last night and when I boarded the train at Holborn it said there was also a Special due about 15 mins later.....can anybody please confirm whether this is just an ECS move, a tunnel cleaning train or the start of a horror movie for person who decides to wait back for it...as i nearly did!

Where does it go!? <D

Thanks

Possibly an Engineer's Train.

GospelOak117

yea 00.33 was definately the passenger train I boarded. Yea it must be an engineers train or something....maybe that old 1962 stock train heading off to Woodford for the night?

12CSVT

Established Member
maybe that old 1962 stock train heading off to Woodford for the night?

So it was a ghost train ? :lol:

Seriously though, they tend to show any non-passenger trains as specials (ECS, engineers trains etc)

Daniel

Established Member
That would have been:

Train No. 570 Locomotive, two hopper wagons, implement wagon, tamping machine, implement wagon and locomotive (maximum length 115m)
(a) Outward Path:
Leave Ruislip depot 23.56, run to Ruislip Gardens, follow Train 111 (23:53½ ex West Ruislip) to west of North Acton Junction, follow Train 11 (00:12 ex Ealing Broadway) to White City, run to west of Leytonstone, follow Train 106 (00.57 ex Leytonstone) to Barkingside.

Status
Not open for further replies.