• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Central Scotland Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

me123

Established Member
It's actually quite a good value deal! £33, and you get 3 days of unlimited travel out of 7 consecutive days in the rover area, including Edinburgh-Glasgow. Given that Edinburgh-Glasgow is only a bit short of £11 off peak day return, I'd say that's a great deal. And, considering my local station is now included (following the completion of the Airdrie-Bathgate rail link), that's going to be a really good ticket.

Now, here's a problem. Let's have a look at the maps valid for the rover. Here's the one on the National Rail website, and here's the one on the Scotrail website. I'm sure you'll all realise that they don't quite concur!

The Scotrail one shows tickets as being valid via Shotts to Glasgow Central. This is not shown on the NR one. The NR one shows tickets as being valid all the way around the Fife Circle; the Scotrail one suggests that they're only valid on the coast line (via Kinghorn). Thankfully, they seem to concur on everything else.

Anyone know what routes this is actually valid on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CarterUSM

Established Member
I have had a look through my ( pretty old, 1996! ) ticket examiners handbook, and it shows the rover as being valid for the whole Fife Circle, as does a more recent (2005) commercial pack.

me123

Established Member
Thanks very much. Seems odd not to allow it on Scotrail services via Motherwell (ie, Glasgow-North Berwick trains). But if they're all permitted, that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.