• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chalpuki (PL) - Bohumin (CZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
Afternoon - currently looking at possible day trip for Katowice - Ostrava

Now currently PKP IC have promotional tickets available for Katowice - Chalpuki as part of a promotional offer

Looking at Chalpuki - Bohumin PKP want around 50PLN for the short 5-6 min journey across the border, is there anything that is cheaper or is the price high because simply travelling into the Czech Republic?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adlington

It's Chalupki (or even better Chałupki), not Chalpuki. But that's by the by...
Check the intercity.pl icket booking page. There are Katowice-Bohumin tickets there for only a bit more that the 50PLN short hop across the border.

sonic2009

Established Member
It's Chalupki (or even better Chałupki), not Chalpuki. But that's by the by...
Check the intercity.pl icket booking page. There are Katowice-Bohumin tickets there for only a bit more that the 50PLN short hop across the border.

Apologies about the spelling! - I've seen the cost of the Katowice - Bohumin tickets - but with the promotional offer currently Katowice - Chałupki is 9PLN - so may end up wallking across the border - or going somewhere just within Poland.

sonic2009

Established Member
Thank you for this - so how do i go about getting this offer? As i'm highly confused.

Polrail

Unfortunately, "Visit Bohumin" tickets are available only at a ticket office window.

sonic2009

Established Member
Unfortunately, "Visit Bohumin" tickets are available only at a ticket office window.

Thanks @Polrail - so when I arrive in Katowice on the 16th Oct - would it be possible for me to go to the PKP ticket office and book this ticket for the Tuesday 18th? And I should only pay the price shown on the PDF? Is this a single or return?

Polrail

Prices shown are singles. You should be able to go right to the ticket office and book the ticket. It might be adviseable to take along a printout of the price list and offer name (or at least the page you are interested in), as not all ticket clerks are up on all the available offers.

sonic2009

Established Member
Prices shown are singles. You should be able to go right to the ticket office and book the ticket. It might be adviseable to take along a printout of the price list and offer name (or at least the page you are interested in), as not all ticket clerks are up on all the available offers.

Okay thanks for this .

Status
Not open for further replies.