• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changes to Hereford City Bus Routes

GWVillager

Whilst looking at several bus routes in the City of Hereford, I noticed that many appeared to be completely different to what I had remembered. I've tried to scour the internet, but cannot find any evidence of what these routes used to be. If anyone would be able to reassure me that I'm not going mad, and clarify what really ran and when, I would much appreciate it!
  • Sargeant's A is now one bus an hour. I'm sure it used to be two.
  • What is presently the G is two buses an hour. Wasn't the previous Yeomans route to Newton Farm (I can't remember the number, but it was replaced by the G) four buses an hour?
  • Have the 78/X78 always been just two buses an hour? I seem to remember them being four.
  • How frequent was DRM's 420 to Bromyard in the mid-2010s? Was it ever as frequent as hourly? There are just four buses a day now!
Many thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xydancer

According to an old timetable book I have, in autumn 2017:

Yeomans to Newton Farm (74/74A) was every 12 minutes Mondays-Saturday, every 30 mins Sundays.
X78/78 was every 30 mins, but with an extra journey many daytime hours on 454 between Hereford and Rotherwas.
420 to Bromyard was six buses per day, three running through to Worcester; plus an extra three Bromyard to Worcester only. Plus a couple of journeys on 469 (via Bishops Frome) and 476 (via Ledbury).

Sargeant's A was Yeoman's 75 at the time - and yes, every 30 minutes.

GWVillager

According to an old timetable book I have, in autumn 2017:

Yeomans to Newton Farm (74/74A) was every 12 minutes Mondays-Saturday, every 30 mins Sundays.
X78/78 was every 30 mins, but with an extra journey many daytime hours on 454 between Hereford and Rotherwas.
420 to Bromyard was six buses per day, three running through to Worcester; plus an extra three Bromyard to Worcester only. Plus a couple of journeys on 469 (via Bishops Frome) and 476 (via Ledbury).

Sargeant's A was Yeoman's 75 at the time - and yes, every 30 minutes.
Thank you very much, that's very helpful. Is the timetable book online, and when did they (Herefordshire Council?) stop releasing them?

greenline712

It's a paper copy - I think the last they issued. But don't hold me to that!
Concur that 020917-010918 was the last County timetable, with an update leaflet dated 150418.

A great shame that it was never issued after then .... one of the best County timetables in England. I believe that the chap that did all the work may have retired, and there was no interest in replacing him.