• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing at New Cross Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I'll be changing at New Cross gate from a Southern train onto an Overground to Whitechapel. I have London Bridge return ticket so I will have to touch in with my Oyster card. Do I have to exit the station with my ticket and then come back in with my Oyster?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Yes, you do.

It's a small station so it shouldn't be that inconvenient. The gateline is at the country end of the station.

tsr

Established Member
If you alight from a semi-fast Southern service which has run fast from Norwood Junction to New Cross Gate, you may well find you walk past the gateline when using the bridge to change platforms.

Last edited:

bicbasher

Established Member
It shouldn't be a problem at all, the island platforms (3-4) where the semi-fast services stop lead to the gateline up the stairs.

To board a London Overground service northbound, they're from Platform 5 which share with Southern Metro stoppers to London Bridge.

tsr

Established Member
It shouldn't be a problem at all, the island platforms (3-4) where the semi-fast services stop lead to the gateline up the stairs.

To board a London Overground service northbound, they're from Platform 5 which share with Southern Metro stoppers to London Bridge.

Thank you for clarifying my post! :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks, i was thinking it might look a bit odd!

The staff seem to be used to it!

GodAtum

On Moderation
Actually I dont! The Oyster fare is the same (£2.20) from ECR - Whitechapel as New Cross gate - Whitechapel. So I'll just touch in at ECR and touch out at Whitechapel.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Actually I dont! The Oyster fare is the same (£2.20) from ECR - Whitechapel as New Cross gate - Whitechapel. So I'll just touch in at ECR and touch out at Whitechapel.

According to the single fare finder, New Cross Gate to Whitechapel is £1.50 off-peak and £1.60 peak as it's all in zone 2. East Croydon to Whitechapel is £2.20/£3.20 as it's zone 5-2.

GodAtum

On Moderation
According to the single fare finder, New Cross Gate to Whitechapel is £1.50 off-peak and £1.60 peak as it's all in zone 2. East Croydon to Whitechapel is £2.20/£3.20 as it's zone 5-2.

Ah Ok sorry i was looking at the wrong thing.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I'm a bit confused about the price cap:

ncg-whitechapel 1.50

victoria-ecr 2.90

bus 1.40x2

total=£7.2

What price cap applies to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.