• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing Date of Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom3107

I have made a mistake when booking an Off-Peak Return on the Virgin Trains website - totally my fault! I mistakenly booked the outward portion for the 13th February when I was supposed to book it for the 11th February.

Will I be able to take the ticket into any ticket office to get the date changed for the £10 admin fee or will I need to take it into a Virgin Trains ticket office?

Thank you for any help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
If you selected ToD (Ticket-on-Departure), and have not collected the tickets yet, you should, if I remember correctly, be able to login to your Virgin Trains account and adjust the date there. To access your booking, just click "My Account," login, and then click "Order status and refund applications."

island

Veteran Member
It will have to be changed by Virgin Trains; I'm not sure whether it can be done in any office or whether you have to post it back or something. If you've not collected the ticket yet then you might be able to do it over the phone.

deltic

Established Member
A colleague did this - rang them up straight away and got the ticket changed for no charge. So worth a try if it is still staffed at this time.

All Line Rover

Established Member
A colleague did this - rang them up straight away and got the ticket changed for no charge. So worth a try if it is still staffed at this time.

Indeed. It is worth giving them a call tomorrow during office hours on 0845 000 8000 or 0121 654 7478. Their Customer Relations department are very helpful (and forgiving). :)

tom3107

Thanks for the replies.

I had the ticket sent to my by post and have already received them, and only then did I realize my mistake! I will try to phone or will go to a Virgin ticket office :)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Thanks for the replies.

I had the ticket sent to my by post and have already received them, and only then did I realize my mistake! I will try to phone or will go to a Virgin ticket office :)

No no, phone them :) Customer Relations have much more scope to be flexible than the booking office.

tom3107

No no, phone them :) Customer Relations have much more scope to be flexible than the booking office.

Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I would just like to thank all of you who have helped :)

I phoned Virgin this morning and were very understanding and have agreed to change the tickets for free.

Thanks again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.