• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing the return destination of an off peak return ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahChads

Hello

I am hoping one of you super knowledgeable people can help me with some advice.

I have an off peak return ticket from Macclesfield to Euston next week but need to change my route back. I would like to travel back from Euston to Crewe, so wonder if my ticket is valid given the alternative route is no further north than the original destination. The ticket is not restricted to a particular operator, but I would be using Avanti throughout.

Thoughts appreciated. Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Hello

I am hoping one of you super knowledgeable people can help me with some advice.

I have an off peak return ticket from Macclesfield to Euston next week but need to change my route back. I would like to travel back from Euston to Crewe, so wonder if my ticket is valid given the alternative route is no further north than the original destination. The ticket is not restricted to a particular operator, but I would be using Avanti throughout.

Thoughts appreciated. Thank you
Hello. It’s not valid to Crewe I’m afraid. The nearest places it is valid to are Stafford and stoke on Trent. You will need a single ticket from one of these places to Crewe. As you will have two tickets you will need to ensure that your trains stop at either Stafford or Stoke on Trent; you can’t go on a non stop train from Euston to Crewe, for instance. In practice this is only a problem going from Stafford to Crewe. If you go via stoke on Trent then you will have to change there anyway.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Stafford to Crewe (Anytime Day Single) is £12.90 route "Any Permitted" or a massive 10p saving for the route "Avanti" variant.

Kidsgrove to Crewe (Anytime Day Single) is £6.00.

From Stoke-on-Trent to Crewe it's £8.90.

fandroid

Established Member
If you do this in future, consider buying Stockport to Euston tickets. A swift check shows that an Offpeak return from Stockport costs £2.40 more and via Crewe is showing as a valid d itinerary on the Forum's ticket service (as well as the via Macclesfield route). You had better check, but it makes sense

Last edited:

scrapy

Established Member
Macclesfield to Euston is valid via Stockport and Crewe.No extra ticket required.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-03-07-15-06-74_5c11c56bb54ebd1f8fc77cbfca4b7c71.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-03-07-15-06-74_5c11c56bb54ebd1f8fc77cbfca4b7c71.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.