• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing to another RailCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroWolfe

Is it possible to change from say, a Network RailCard to a Disabled Person's RailCard or a Senior RailCard within the current term?

So with the latter it would then allow discount on Oyster Travel.

I've looked at RailCard T&C's but they seem to be silent - so is the inference that it is possible?

As you're not allowed refunds on unused portions someone might be disadvantaged for 364 days if they happen to buy the RailCard a day before their birthday and they don't want to forfeit their current card and lose £30.

Thoughts please!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
As I understand it, there is nothing stopping you from having more than one railcard, so long as you are eligible for each one that you have. Whether that is worth doing is up to the individual. But ... on any particular journey, you need to decide before you buy your tickets which railcard you are going to use for that journey, and then have railcard to hand throughout the journey for production alongside the tickets. You can't get more than one railcard discount per ticket.

However, was the question really about whether you can have more than one railcard loaded onto your Oyster card?

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
You can own more than one railcard at any one time. If you think another railcard will suit you better you can get another one, but you won't get money back on your current one.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
As I understand it, there is nothing stopping you from having more than one railcard, so long as you are eligible for each one that you have. Whether that is worth doing is up to the individual. But ... on any particular journey, you need to decide before you buy your tickets which railcard you are going to use for that journey, and then have railcard to hand throughout the journey for production alongside the tickets. You can't get more than one railcard discount per ticket.

However, was the question really about whether you can have more than one railcard loaded onto your Oyster card?

My impression was that the OP wanted to know if you could trade a Network Card in for another Railcard, to which the answer is no. If they meant could you swap which one was on your Oyster, yes you can (or if they argue just get a new Oyster and refund the deposit on the old one).

But I don't think they did mean that as you can't load a NSE onto an Oyster card in any form.

Status
Not open for further replies.