• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing trains in Hammersmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Just a quick question here guys.

How long do you believe one should allow to travel between the H&C and the District at Hammersmith? The TfL site suggests a +7; I am hoping this can be cut to a +4. But that sounds pretty dicey to me, especially if the traffic lights on the Broadway work against me.

TIA :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
On the TfL site, if you change your walking speed to "fast" they say five minutes (it's at the bottom of the advanced search page). This is probably still erring on the cautious side. How long you allow rather depends upon how critical your timing is...

philjo

Established Member
You would want to be in the front coach of the H&C train to save a couple of minutes leaving the H&C station.

Ivo

Established Member
Having checked the times again, it's looking like a +3½ rather than a +4, or a +6 from Goldhawk Road. Still seems a little sharp to me. I jsut don't want to get ruined by the traffic lights on the Broadway.

@ philjo - It may be obvious advice to give, but it's that kind of advice that often makes the difference between success and failure. Even if I can't board at the front (no reason why not) I'll be on the train long enough to make my forward at intermediate stops!

Anyhow, thanks guys :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I did it in 3 minutes once, but that was pure luck from the crossing lights being in my favour ( a perfect path, you might say! ) plus knowing exactly where I was going. I was also right at the front of the H&C train.

A60K

If you're right at the front of the H+C train then:
- 35 seconds to dash through the barriers and to the pedestrian crossing
- up to 50 seconds for the lights to change (may of course already be green)
- 80 seconds to dash across the road and through the barriers to the start of the footbridge
- then either 20 seconds to the westbound platforms or 30 seconds to the eastbound
HTH!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I did it in 3 minutes once, but that was pure luck from the crossing lights being in my favour ( a perfect path, you might say! ) plus knowing exactly where I was going. I was also right at the front of the H&C train.

I've done it in a similar time, again thanks to the lights being in my favour. It also helped that a District train was being held in the platform to regulate the service, so I was straight onto that - left a minute later, back to Earls Court!

Status
Not open for further replies.