• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Charging benches at Waterloo station

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookapigeon

Has anyone found these actually working recently? I remember when they put in all of the new wooden benches some of them had plug sockets and USB charge ports.

However, I've noticed recently few, if any, actually work. Is this down to a lack of maintainence (or awareness that they are broken) or have they been purposely switched off?

Very handy to grab some charge if your phone's battery was flat.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
I’ve never actually found one of those to work at any station that has them

Casper Pesky

I completely misread this - I thought NR were starting to charge people to sit on benches. I wasn't even surprised.

TJM

Has anyone found these actually working recently? I remember when they put in all of the new wooden benches some of them had plug sockets and USB charge ports.

However, I've noticed recently few, if any, actually work. Is this down to a lack of maintainence (or awareness that they are broken) or have they been purposely switched off?

They do indeed seem to have disconnected absolutely every single one of them (I checked pretty much every one in the station when my phone was out of charge, can see the former cables just hanging in mid-air) - there used to be wireless chargers on some of the tables too. Couldn't get any sensible answer out of staff as to why when I asked last week. Some sort of electrical safety risk was the only assumption that came to mind?

All the charging benches I've seen (mainly Leeds and KGX) aren't even plugged in to a plug socket! The plug is just laid around underneath the bench somewhere. Most times, there isn't a socket for the benches to be plugged into.

Status
Not open for further replies.