• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheap way of upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I am travelling this coming Friday 9th Novemeber on a YP SVR Cottingham-Highbury and Islington, and wonder if there is any cheap way of upgrading to first on the 1518 Hull Trains service from Hull-London KX.

I've racked my brains and I can't really think that there's any way. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
It must be difficult to get an upgrade at all, given that you're using a YP railcard discounted fare.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Your ticket has a value of £51.80. A FOR is £242. The difference therefore is £190. The excess for one-way is £95.10.

Personally I'd far rather be on a HST in standard than a rattling plastic DMU in 1st! :-P

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You're perfectly entitled to Weekend First with a YP svr/open return! Sadly, Friday isn't the weekend :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Your ticket has a value of £51.80. A FOR is £242. The difference therefore is £190. The excess for one-way is £95.10.

Personally I'd far rather be on a HST in standard than a rattling plastic DMU in 1st! :-P

I had a feeling that would be the cheapest way...thanks anyway Yorkie!

PS. You get a meal and pretty much unlimited drinks with Hull Trains, and I'd rather be in 1st on a unit than in standard. ;) There are no connecting HSTs at the time I want to travel sadly.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
PS. You get a meal and pretty much unlimited drinks with Hull Trains, and I'd rather be in 1st on a unit than in standard. ;) There are no connecting HSTs at the time I want to travel sadly.
I'd value the "meal" at about £9, not £90. :-P Drinks may be "unlimited" but in reality you aren't going to get many.

Status
Not open for further replies.