• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest ticket for in/out London zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelWells

Hello

I am travelling to Kings Cross (KGX) for the Epping Ongar Gala in late April and am staying next to Harlow Town (HWN). What is the cheapest way to do the following

FRIDAY 24th April

• KGX - HWN

SATURDAY 25th April

• HWN - Stratford (SRA)
  • Stratford - Epping
  • Epping - Stratford
  • SRA - HWN

SUNDAY 26th April

• HWN - SRA
  • Stratford - Epping
  • Epping - KGX

I have a feeling that Travelcards are the answer although I will not rule out getting an Oyster card for this.

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Hello

I am travelling to Kings Cross (KGX) for the Epping Ongars Gala in Late April and am staying next to Harlow Town (HWN). What is the cheapest way to do the following

FRIDAY 24th April
KGX - HWN

SATURDAY 25th April
HWN - SRA
Stratford Epping
Epping Stratford
SRA - HWN

SUNDAY 26th April
HWN - SRA
Stratford Epping
Epping Kings Cross

I have a feeling that Travelcards are the answer although I will not rule out getting an oyster for this
Many thanks

Is SRA Stratford?
I think you are probably right (with a single on Friday) as you wouldn't be able to touch in and out on the way to Harlow Town without disembarking at the last Oyster station on the route.

button_boxer

Established Member
I know this is something of a heresy on this forum but have you considered a bus between Harlow and Epping? Far shorter, faster and more direct than the rail&LU route.

gazthomas

Established Member
You may want to check the railway's website as they often have heritage bus connections, not just at Epping but mainline stations too

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I know this is something of a heresy on this forum but have you considered a bus between Harlow and Epping? Far shorter, faster and more direct than the rail&LU route.

Routes 19,20 and 21 of Townlink provide a bus every 30 minutes on a Saturday between Harlow, Epping, North Weald and Ongar. There may well be extra buses for the gala too.

steamybrian

Established Member
You may even consider a direct bus taking approx. 30 minutes.

Bus no. 19 to Epping or bus no. 20 to Ongar

(sorry- repeating busaholic)

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If you get the bus to Epping then Oyster would be the cheapest way of geting to Kings X on the Sunday. Though there's the deposit, so if you have a contlactless credit or debit card for this, that may be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.