• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest way for this journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan90

Hi everyone .

Ive been looking around for my travel back home frome Cardiff to Birmingham and theres a few different prices coming up on a few sites , i need to go back tomorrow any time so was wondering if some one could help me out finding the cheapest option as my funds are low.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
The cheapest ticket available is the advance single priced at £18.50, this is available on a few trains tomorrow with the first one being the 1023 from Cardiff to Birmingham. Make sure you book asap and before 6pm for those cheap tickets. Advance limits you to the specific.train and time.

If.you wish to buy your ticket on the day at the station.

Cardiff Central - Birmingham New Street Anytime Single £45.50

or travel via hereford

Cardiff.Central - Hereford
Anytime Single £17.50

Hereford to Birmingham New Street
Anytime Single £14.20

CheapAndNerdy

The cheapest ticket available is the advance single priced at £18.50, this is available on a few trains tomorrow with the first one being the 1023 from Cardiff to Birmingham. Make sure you book asap and before 6pm for those cheap tickets. Advance limits you to the specific.train and time.

That looks like the cheapest, but part of the journey tomorrow is by bus.

Another possibility using Advance tickets (can someone check my calculations):

Cardiff Central to Bristol Parkway: £3.00 - £4.50 if you travel in the morning
Bristol Parkway to Cheltenham Spa: £7.50 - £7.70
Cheltenham Spa to Birmingham New Street: £10 - £15:50

Total: £20.50 - £27.70 depending on which trains you can book

NOTE: Bristol to Birmingham calls at Cheltenham Spa so you may not even have to change trains there if you book the right tickets. (you may have to change seats though if you have a reservation).

As sonic mentioned you will have to book them this afternoon and you have to travel on specific trains - no flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.