• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

checkywatch.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestWestern

Established Member
There is a belief in some quarters that public transport should cost absolutely peanuts, rather than being seen as a 'product' and priced accordingly. There is quite probably a sensible debate in that somewhere, but sadly the sort of people in the videos above would undoubtedly lack anything approaching the level of civilisation and intelligence to enter into such a discussion. Never mind, at least my life isn't played out on such a level that I feel satisfaction at humiliating myself in public - and having it filmed for all to see!

In my experience, people often have a moan when buying local fares, even though any reasonable person can see that actually the price is really quite cheap. This doesn't apply everywhere of course, and there are some fares which are truly horrifying. However there are also many fares which are actually a fair bit cheaper than an equivalent bus journey, as well as being far quicker, and it's nearly always cheaper than a taxi. But yet, still they complain!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swj99

Its pathetic and childish page

There are probably more effective ways to get things done.

the same level of people who took part in the London riots

Quite possibly. But even if the way in which some people attempt to change things is not ideal, they are just as entitled to their point of view as anyone else. Even if they did say, "Innit !" and swear at a news crew, shortly before being nicked whilst wearing tracksuits and silly hats.

BestWestern

Established Member
There are probably more effective ways to get things done.

Quite possibly. But even if the way in which some people attempt to change things is not ideal, they are just as entitled to their point of view as anyone else. Even if they did say, "Innit !" and swear at a news crew, shortly before being nicked whilst wearing tracksuits and silly hats.

Erm yes, but having a 'point of view' is not quite the same as looting shops and burning innocent (working) people's businesses to the ground, is it...?! :roll:

swj99

Erm yes, but having a 'point of view' is not quite the same as looting shops and burning innocent (working) people's businesses to the ground, is it...?! :roll:
If you don't know the answer to that, are you sure you should be allowed out on your own ?

Status
Not open for further replies.