• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester-Llangollen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked BR Fares for the Chester - (K190) Llangollen Bus tkt.

Says no fares available. I used it just a few weeks ago. Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PermitToTravel

Established Member
It appears to still be available from some other stations. It seems that you might have to split at Ruabon and either buying the bus ticket from the railway (Ruabon to Llangollen Bus for £3.40 day return, no railcard discounts available) or just pay cash on the bus (I don't know what the fare is I'm afraid).

If you're not starting your journey from Chester then it might be viable to buy from another station to which the bus fare still exists, e.g. Delamere

PermitToTravel

Established Member
The bus fare will be set by agreement between ATW and the bus company, and isn't likely to be too different to the cash fare they normally charge on the bus

headshot119

Established Member
This ticket is a bit of an odd one really. You used to be able to get it from most stations in the local area, Chester, Wrexham, Borderlands line and a few others, but they've cut that right down it seems.

If you ask for a ticket to it from Chester they'll just split the ticket at Ruabon for you.

The cash fare on the bus to Wrexham was £3.60 single, or £4.20 return, so I imagine Ruabon is cheaper and the train ticket is all but useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.