• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Child doing safety announcements - Baker St Bakerloo Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Yes this has been ongoing at Baker Street for a while, following the success and positive responses to similar announcements made at Victoria last year. I believe it all started when a staff member bought their young one in for the day and allowed them to do some announcements, which then drew a lot of positive attention.

I think the announcements are a great initiative and they do work, however I agree at Baker Street (I hear them on the Metropolitan line platforms usually) they play way too frequently (every 30-60 seconds) which is a bit annoying. I would tone it down to one every 5 minutes as chances are that is how long the average person would be waiting for a train there. Enough to hear it once, maybe twice, the message is noticed and sticks but doesn't become so repetitive that you will block it out.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.