• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern advance fares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at tickets between London and Birmingham for around 2-3 months time, and I can't find any advance fares on Chiltern? They advertise themselves as offering cheap advance tickets (https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/advance-fares-ps550-one-way/), and I've heard they do from other people too.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky with the journeys I've looked at, but so far I haven't seen any advance fares - they're all around £20 off peak tickets, even for months in advance. As much as I'd love to use them, it really can't compare to £7 on Virgin.

Any advice? I'm not really looking for an exact ticket, just evidence that they do do advance fares somewhere...

Thanks! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aha - that would be it. Just checked a closer date and the advances have popped up. It didn't occur to me to check sooner dates!

Cheers!

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Chiltern are only offering Advances until 18th May at present, presumably pending confirmation of the "base" Summer timetable.

Latest date can be found on their homepage.

433N

... and presumably if you sign up to their advance ticket alert email, you'll be (one of) the first to know when they are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.