• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Depot Driver - Banbury (18/11/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/en_US/jobsGlobal/JobDetail/Depot-Train-Driver/131042 & https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/en_US/jobsGlobal/JobDetail/Depot-Train-Driver/131043 (two pages for some reason). Explicitly mentions the ability to become a mainline driver in next 3 years as opportunities arise.

We have a number of fantastic opportunities to join Chiltern Railways as a Depot Train Driver in Banbury.

At Chiltern Railways you will receive a starting salary of £27,499 which will rise to £38,636 once you have completed your training which will last approximately 12 weeks in Aylesbury; along with a great benefits package including free rail travel, a defined benefit pension, childcare vouchers and many discounts and offers for you and your family.

As a Depot Driver you will also have the chance to complete additional training to become a qualified mainline train driver when opportunities become available over the next 12-36 months.

You must be living within 45 minutes of Banbury and be able to attend work at times when public transport may not be running.

Good luck to all that apply!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drh78

Sorry nothing to do with Banbury, but just wondering if anyone has an email address for recruitment at chiltern?
Also, anyone working at chiltern on here know of any jobs coming up for qualified drivers at Stourbridge, or near there?

Thanks in advance.

Cjay144

Have you checked the latest advertisements on their recruitment website? Qualified role at Stourbridge has been up for a while now

Drh78

Have you checked the latest advertisements on their recruitment website? Qualified role at Stourbridge has been up for a while now
Unbelievable. I’ve been going through the db site. Just found it, cheers for that. Closing date tomorrow :s

porksandwhich

Sorry to be nosey, but have you had any follow up yet?
My application is still in process according to the website, but I've not heard a thing.
Unfortunately the assessment status has gone back to application in process. I’m guessing something went wrong somewhere and nothing is going to happen now.

Effnjeff

Unfortunately the assessment status has gone back to application in process. I’m guessing something went wrong somewhere and nothing is going to happen now.
I'm sorry to hear that.
I am going to try and chase up my application again and get some feedback. Surely the positions must be filled by now?

Drh78

Anyone following this thread who’s undergone an interview recently for a qualified drivers job? Just wondering how they found it?

porksandwhich

Anyone on here that was at the OPC on Monday?? Wondering if anyones heard anything yet?

Scratch that. Have had an offer from chiltern. Exciting times. Thanks to guys on here that have been super helpful in their advice.

Last edited:

CRKMC91

Anyone on here that was at the OPC on Monday?? Wondering if anyones heard anything yet?

Scratch that. Have had an offer from chiltern. Exciting times. Thanks to guys on here that have been super helpful in their advice.
I was on that one - 13th June. I got offered a job too so interested in what they have said to you. What did they say to you when they called you?

Status
Not open for further replies.