• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Mainline tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
From the Twitter feed I guess it was a loco-hauled set that failed at Bicester tonight. Possibly in-bound stock for the 18.15 down. Appears to have been chaos at Marylebone with BTP on hand to keep the peace.

Do Chiltern generally have any kind of Thunderbird available for problems with these usually reliable 67/DVT sets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Do Chiltern generally have any kind of Thunderbird available for problems with these usually reliable 67/DVT sets?

Err...? Bottom of the charts last time I looked I thought?

dk1

Veteran Member
Don't think I've heard of any probs with them. I must listen (& look) more carefully.

Chester025

Sadly true. This evenings riot was caused by 67012 sitting down at Bicester North on the 1555 Moor Street - Marylebone, 67025 was despatched from Wembley to assist.

Chiltern usually have an engine surplus to requirements at Wembley. Though on this occasion they did have two to play with as 67013 is currently 'spare' at Wembley.

tsr

Established Member

Agreed they were bottom of the charts last I looked also!

Do you have a link to the exact chart(s) to which you both refer? I presume you refer to "failures per x km"-type stats, and perhaps not to delay minutes incurred.

I would not be surprised to see 67-hauled sets at the bottom of the reliability stats for Chiltern's stock, but as for nationwide or even perhaps "intercity" rankings, I'm afraid I can't recall seeing such information.

I'm sure you will - but bear in mind the generally excellent day-to-day Chiltern punctuality statistics when reading any such stats.

dk1

Veteran Member
Sadly true. This evenings riot was caused by 67012 sitting down at Bicester North on the 1555 Moor Street - Marylebone, 67025 was despatched from Wembley to assist.

Chiltern usually have an engine surplus to requirements at Wembley. Though on this occasion they did have two to play with as 67013 is currently 'spare' at Wembley.

Thanks for that info mate.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do you have a link to the exact chart(s) to which you both refer?

It's from Rail using figures from ATOC during performance period five which is the four weeks to August 17 the Chiltern 67+Mk3 formations achieved a Miles Per Technical Incident (MITN) Moving Annual Average (MAA) of 2,909 miles. This makes them the worst performing intercity train and indeed the worst performing train overall (worse even than Pacers).

Miles per five minute delay (or whatever it was) aren't used any more, as far as I'm aware, as a measure of reliability.

I'll reserve final judgement for the Spanners which I believe are due soon, but it's not looking good so far...

tsr

Established Member
It's from Rail using figures from ATOC during performance period five which is the four weeks to August 17 the Chiltern 67+Mk3 formations achieved a Miles Per Technical Incident (MITN) Moving Annual Average (MAA) of 2,909 miles. This makes them the worst performing intercity train and indeed the worst performing train overall (worse even than Pacers).

I'll reserve final judgement for the Spanners which I believe are due soon, but it's not looking good so far...

Many thanks for that info! It seems I too must have missed it. I have, of course, been aware of the concerns they've had, but hadn't seen those stats, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.