• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways - Apprentice Train Driver - Birmingham Moor St (01/03/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brum_AVFC

Anyone else still waiting to hear? I sent my SJT off a few days after the deadline and clutching at straws tbh

12LDA28C

Established Member
My email doesn't mention a VSE

Then it appears someone has made a mistake... Chiltern recruitment features an online VSE test as part of the sifting / selection process. You shouldn't be being put forward for full OPC testing without having completed the VSE, unless you've already passed the VSE elsewhere.

Quartz

Then it appears someone has made a mistake... Chiltern recruitment features an online VSE test as part of the sifting / selection process. You shouldn't be being put forward for full OPC testing without having completed the VSE, unless you've already passed the VSE elsewhere.
I don't believe I've already done a VSE.

itsapablo

I've emailed the contractor back just to enquire at what stage the VSE will now be. Don't want to turn up to OPC and get turned away!

Quartz

I've today had an email telling me I have to complete the vse online by 19th.

itsapablo

I've had no e-mail yet but guessing will be in the same boat.

Still nothing - has anyone else who had an email regarding the OPC tests now had an e-mail in relation to the VSE? I've reached out to the contact but nothing back as of yet.

Last edited:

easternstop

Ive had a email stating i have to complete vse test by the 3rd of may. Can anyone provide about what a vse test consists of?

Brum_AVFC

Ive had a email stating i have to complete vse test by the 3rd of may. Can anyone provide about what a vse test consists of?
Same, lucky considering I missed the deadline for the invite I had end of March.

It’s a fault finding test as far as I know. There’s some good threads that you can look up for more info.

itsapablo

I'm not being blind am I, we are waiting for a separate e-mail from the OPS with the link to complete the actual test? Ive only had one from Arriva.

MDS72

I'm not being blind am I, we are waiting for a separate e-mail from the OPS with the link to complete the actual test? Ive only had one from Arriva.
I'm the same but with Chiltern.. it's all very higgerty piggerty.... waiting on an email for vse tests from opc..... had an email today from Chiltern...

Brum_AVFC

You’re correct. Come to think of it, the last time I had this email, I never got a follow up one from the OPC. Is there anyone who has already completed their VSE on this application that can confirm they got the test from the OPC? What if it isn’t sent before deadline day?

*EDIT*
Just had OPC invite

Last edited:

MDS72

I'm the same but with Chiltern.. it's all very higgerty piggerty.... waiting on an email for vse tests from opc..... had an email today from Chiltern...
Update.... had the email from opc with an invite for the vse

itsapablo

I believe it tells you how long approximately the test will take on the OPC website, the format of the test is well documented on this forum - good luck.

Kyle807

Anybody else not heard back since passing the second stage questionnaire with the email about OPC testing

Brum_AVFC

Just completed my VSE, first time doing it.

Without giving away what it involved, how did people feel they did? I made 3 mistakes on part 2, part 3 I made a few too but overall feel didn’t do TOO badly, it’s up in the air as to wether I’ve passed.

mclark87

haven’t applied to this job but have for another chiltern job. on part 2 I went over what I had to do multiple times in my head as it was different in flagging correctness instead of an error. The first one I got wrong lol

Brum_AVFC

haven’t applied to this job but have for another chiltern job. on part 2 I went over what I had to do multiple times in my head as it was different in flagging correctness instead of an error. The first one I got wrong lol
Guessing you downloaded the software first? That’s what threw me and did exactly what you did in going over it in my head on the practice multiple times. Did you pass or fail if you don’t mind me asking?

Sunny16

Hi guys, just did my VSE today. In Part 2 I made 9 mistakes, part 3 was the hardest, couple of errors on the track and a few on the shapes. Let’s see if I get through

Last edited:

Brum_AVFC

Hi guys, just done my VSE today. Part 2 I made about 9 mistakes, part 3 about 8 or 9 as well. Overall I think it wasn’t too bad.

Hi guys, just did my VSE today. In Part 2 I made 9 mistakes, part 3 was the hardest, couple of errors on the track and a few on the shapes. Let’s see if I get through
I do wonder if just 1 error on the track is a fail as that’s what your priority is, I know I didn’t click for one as thought my laptop had glitched.