• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chinley to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Hi all

I've not much time to look, but with a 16-25 Railcard is it possible to make it any cheaper than the £19.55 return fare? Travelling on a Saturday and I'm not after advances, if not, no problems.

Thanks

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Not really, but you need to bear in mind that the chances are that this will not be valid via Manchester.

If you want to be valid via Manchester or Chinley you need to look at getting a return from New Mills Central (the cheapest point in the 'via manchester' group I could find) to Hull, and then an appropriate single from New Mills to Chinley if required, this will then be valid via Manchester.

But no, considering I use Chinley to provide me with a cheaper route sometimes, the chances are, due to the lack of AP tickets unless you split at Manchester and get a £5.95 AP ticket each way that you won't be able to get this any cheaper.

Chapeltom

Established Member
I'll split at Ferriby as I need to go there, £1.30 cheaper. Need to set off at 0630 and in at 10pm...ouch... :o

I won't complain, £18+ isn't bad for 95 mile trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.