• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas special 2023 on Real Time Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan2019

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I notice that instead of "not calling at" Naughty Child this year, there is a delivery of coal.

Bevan Price

Established Member
A certain Albert Einstein would say that schedule is impossible. Taking Minus 4 minutes from one station to the next would require the Class 221 sledge to exceed the speed of light..............

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
There used to be various spoof , seasonal control logs issued within the industry over 20 years ago , which made excellent reading - items on reindeers going on the rampage at Crewe and consuming the contents of the buffet, pressure on Xmas tree specials out of Scotland and so on.

Someone also did a spoof on Mr Parkhouse , the lead character in the BTF film "Trains Time" , which runs round the country as seen in 195x and how BR dealt with traffic issues - e.g broccoli from Cornwall needing extra engines sent light to the Bristol area (at the expense of South Wales tinplate) and so on. Coal crisis from Toton. Another world , especially when there was a "guiding mind" to set priorities even on a daily strategic basis. Forward planning also shown with the example of a new fitted freight (at traders request) - down the Midland main line which does not touch a single passenger train and even manages a detachment at St Albans ! .......

The original Santa night shift special traffic notice was written by a Southern Region team , and some grinch took a bit of a dim view if it at Waterloo.

newtownmgr

Feel sorry for anyone due a visit after its run up the GWML from Reading, bound to be delayed or cancelled!

Steve Harris

...and it's timed for only 225mph max....
Well, last time I looked there wasn't any traction allocated (Rudolph etc), so perhaps the planners will update the schedule with a different speed when they're sure Rudolph and the crew are in fine fettle....

Feel sorry for anyone due a visit after its run up the GWML from Reading, bound to be delayed or cancelled!
Yes, I was thinking that to...

FGW_DID

Established Member
Well, last time I looked there wasn't any traction allocated (Rudolph etc), so perhaps the planners will update the schedule with a different speed when they're sure Rudolph and the crew are in fine fettle....

The timing load doesn’t change according to the traction allocated.

FGW_DID

Established Member
But the load will be reducing as Santa delivers....

“Timing load“ still won’t change. The timing load for a normal service doesn’t change if there’s 5 passengers or 500 passengers on board!

Steve Harris

“Timing load“ still won’t change. The timing load for a normal service doesn’t change if there’s 5 passengers or 500 passengers on board!
It's a bit of fun mate with a lot of stuff said in this thread very much with a tongue firmly in cheek!

Topological

There may be a lot of passengers at various stations needing this train to get home if the weather forecasts are correct. Is ticket acceptance in place?

Purple Train

Established Member
Fortunately that's virtually last!

I wonder whereabouts between Paignton and Newton St Cyres Naughty Kid is situated? I'm wondering whether it's any of the people I know down there o_O

I also wonder why Father Christmas has to stop for four minutes at Rannoch? There can't be many children around there...

Andrew S

I've known this train to show up very briefly on other publicly accessible train info sites, in spite of it being a RTT created thing.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I wonder how long that journey would take by mere humans?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.