• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Circuitous Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernowvectis

I want to travel from Bournemouth to Paignton, on 11 July, spend a week there, then return on 18 July, but stopping off at Bristol Parkway for a few days on the way, and completing the journey on Sunday 22 July.

If I consult the GWR mixing desk for this trip, entering BPW as a via point, I am presented with a £59.50 Off Peak Return fare. (Return travel any day within 1 month)

While it may appear to be a very convoluted route, it seems to work out cheaper than any other route I have found. The itinerary the website gives me clearly indicates the leg from Bristol Temple Meads to Parkway and back. Surely this is a classic example of doubling back — which I understood was expressly forbidden.

I also wanted to get it quite clear that I am permitted to break the return journey at BPW from Wednesday to Sunday before resuming.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
You’re able to double back within a group - without checking, I think the two main Bristol stations are in the same routing group.

This break of journey should be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.