• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 156

Status
Not open for further replies.

davido38

A few months back I went on a day trip of witch took me from Kilmarnock down to Carlisle then, Along the Settle Carlisle to Leeds, there I travelled along my old haunt the Leeds Blackpool service to Preston and then back to Carlisle along the West Coast Main Line and back home to Kilmarnock.

I travelled with Scotrail Northern and Virgin West Coast and had an oportunity to weigh up the different traction available on those routes. I found a complete contrast between Scotrail class 156's and Northern 156's I personaly feel that the Scotrail 156's seem to be better maintained than the Northern units, the Scotrail units seem to run more smoothly as in not much vibration from the engines and have a better ride quality than the Northern counterparts.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this, answers on a postcard please? :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
The ScotRail units were recently overhauled
The Northern units may now be due overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.