• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 20s to/from Ashfordby

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman.ken

Can anyone confirm there will be Class 20s to/from Ashfordby this Monday, 13th June, please. 8X23 09.30 ex Derby, due Old Dalby/Melton/Ashfordby 14.40 will run? Must get fix of their sound! Am new user of this site. Help will be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fsmr

Can anyone confirm there will be Class 20s to/from Ashfordby this Monday, 13th June, please. 8X23 09.30 ex Derby, due Old Dalby/Melton/Ashfordby 14.40 will run? Must get fix of their sound! Am new user of this site. Help will be much appreciated.

Hi mate
welcome its "Asfordby" the other one with the H is on heartbeat:D
I will speak to my Test track source although I will be driving at Stapleford melton all weekemd so will be late sunday night if i get an answer

regards
Nige

Hydro

Established Member
More like 35mph, and will be meeting every slow line, signal check and loop on the way.

Mr Spock

More like 35mph, and will be meeting every slow line, signal check and loop on the way.

This train usually goes via Burton, Coalville line and Leicester and even this route can't be much more than 50 miles so an average of 10mph is nearer the mark.

Hydro

Established Member
I should have been clearer, 35mph is the maximum speed. An average of 10 is plausible giving signal checks and waiting times at junctions.

Test trains from Derby to Melton for Old Dalby generally get timed for 2 hours, and that's normally max 90mph and they go via Loughborough.

Boothby97

Established Member
Tuesday Derby to Old Dalby
Wednesday Old Dalby to Neasden
It does have a wait at Dorridge for a while, this enables a crew change

RichmondCommu

Established Member
What is the condition of the line between Burton and Coalville like nowadays? Around Moira West and other stretches of the line the track used to resemble a fair ground ride in the early 80's when i was a spotter.

trainman.ken

I really appreciate your help, thanks. Are you able to say if the planned arrival at Old Dalby on Tuesday is 14.40? Thanks in advance for that. If I can get video/sound of the 20s going up the bank to Asfordby that will be great and I will post the result on here with acknowledgement for your help.
Ken

Mr Spock

Tuesday Derby to Old Dalby
Wednesday Old Dalby to Neasden
It does have a wait at Dorridge for a while, this enables a crew change

Have read elsewhere that the train from Derby to Old Dalby ran today so do not know where you got your so called info from.

If you are not sure of your facts do not post them.

Boothby97

Established Member
Have read elsewhere that the train from Derby to Old Dalby ran today so do not know where you got your so called info from.

If you are not sure of your facts do not post them.

Freightmaster- most weeks it will operate as my post said but it's not guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.