• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 321 in Barbie livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

GospelOak117

Amongst various Class 321 cars at Doncaster last week I noticed a 321 driving car in First Barbie colours with 'First Great Eastern' along the side. I don't recall FGE 321's ever carrying this livery - as far as I remember they went strait from the original FGE green blue and grey into either One or NXEA colours from 2004. It looked like it had been revealed following removal of vinyls as it was a bit scruffy.

Does anybody know if a 321 unit ever 'emerged' in barbie colours?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D365

Veteran Member
The white/grey coaches that can be seen across from the north end of Platform 8, from what type of unit do they belong to?

dp21

Are these units not the repainted renatus 321s?

They are being painted in a white/grey livery (albeit with a red stripe but that might come later?)

A photo may help identify :D

D365

Veteran Member
Are these units not the repainted renatus 321s?

They are being painted in a white/grey livery (albeit with a red stripe but that might come later?)

A photo may help identify :D

That is most likely, I was just wondering what the coaches were doing out there all on their own. I believe the four former Class 460 driving coaches have been sent for scrap.

Didn't end up taking a photo for some reason despite having time after missing a connection...

dp21

That is most likely, I was just wondering what the coaches were doing out there all on their own. I believe the four former Class 460 driving coaches have been sent for scrap.

Didn't end up taking a photo for some reason despite having time after missing a connection...

Not sure; I've seen them outside myself.

I think it may be due to limited capacity in their specific Renatus facility? After all the project is running rather behind. I'll have to ask around and see if I can find out why..

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Nothing ever entered service in Barbie as far as 321's were concerned.

The plan was to livery them all up including a couple for launch day when First won the franchise and the cab was used also as a test to see how the livery would look

superalbs

Established Member
Not sure; I've seen them outside myself.

I think it may be due to limited capacity in their specific Renatus facility? After all the project is running rather behind. I'll have to ask around and see if I can find out why..

Well sorry to say, they certainly aren't around anymore.

Check the linked timestamp in this video:
https://youtu.be/rAlpcCxG-bQ?t=583

Silver Cobra

**EDIT: Ignore this post. Reading the thread posted further up, I see there was a 'Barbie' FGE unit, so it wasn't a former FCC/GN one :P

Last edited:

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Passed Doncaster earlier and what I could see from the platform there was the Arlington Fleet 508 used for stock movements, a former mk3 sleeper converted into an EPS hotel power generator, some crosscountry HST vehicles probably in for DDA modifications and a bunchload of dusty bins fresh off works but no doors fitted. Probably Renatus units.

Definately no darth vaders lurking around anywhere....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.