• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 321 storage/scrapping

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Does anyone know the location of 321.331 please? Assuming it is in store somewhere

321.343 doesn't look as though it's moved from Clacton; still parked in the same place as 3 weeks ago, however, it's pan is up

321.327 and another Renatus unit was in the back road at Clacton with its pan down. Does this mean the Renatus units are starting to be stood down?

DanNCL

Established Member
321.327 and another Renatus unit was in the back road at Clacton with its pan down. Does this mean the Renatus units are starting to be stood down?
I can't imagine any of the Renatus units being stood down until all of the non-PRM ones are gone unless there was something seriously wrong with them that made it unecenomical to keep them running. Not uncommon for electric trains to pan down whilst stabled if there's an overhead line isolation for whatever reason.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Does anyone know the location of 321.331 please? Assuming it is in store somewhere

321.343 doesn't look as though it's moved from Clacton; still parked in the same place as 3 weeks ago, however, it's pan is up

321327 was with 325 on Wednesday in service so it must be a fault of some sort

As was 321331 which was out all day Wednesday. Unsure where it us now but it is still active

Shunter_69

Weirdly there are a pair of 321’s in warm store at Colchester, one of which is a Renatus.

Shunter_69

Maybe just saving a few quid in rental costs until the enhanced timetable starts later in the month?

Class360/1

E94E7391-AE84-4E7A-BCA7-729F596C5C55.jpeg
went trainspotting at Colchester this afternoon and saw a notice on 315. Couldn’t really make it out but is said something along the lines of ‘cleaning staff must not use the local door’

Richard Scott

Established Member
Sorry, not been keeping up with this. Is there a list of those that have been withdrawn please or can someone point me towards a list if one exists? Many thanks.

Last edited:

The_Train

Established Member
Sorry, not been keeping up with this. Is there a list of those that have been withdrawn please or can someone point me towards a list if one exists? Many thanks.
I'm trying to keep on top of it here - https://www.ukraillog.co.uk/313-322

The warm store stuff is hard to keep up to date with though as they go in and out of service as needed and unless someone is willing to camp at Harwich, some won't be reported until seen in service or parked up!

KC1

Having not been on the GEML which seems like an age, it’s looking now like the 321’s (non-renatus) are becoming more and more sparse :frown: and I’ve seen at least 3 coupled renatus’s.

DustyBin

Established Member
Having not been on the GEML which seems like an age, it’s looking now like the 321’s (non-renatus) are becoming more and more sparse :frown: and I’ve seen at least 3 coupled renatus’s.

I'm sure I saw a double 322 or 322+321/9 last week heading to Colchester as well.

warwickshire

On Moderation
However before they do which is any time now till November 2021 ie the non prm 321 especially.
Best advice get them in asap.
Because between September 2020 and then during the back end off November 2020.
Saw a gradual withdrawal off Pacers.
Even then ran somedays and not others.
Then came a prompt end.
However back to the non prm 321s.
Get them in now whilst you can especially during the final month now.
Off daylight also till around 1900 hours or so.
And to avoid any bitter disappointment.
Don't leave the non prm 321s to the Last possible minute.
Or history repeats itself again.