• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 365 PBC Unit and PIS system

WMasterJedi

Hi, I own quite a few Class 365 parts and I thought I'd show them on here.

IMG_4064.jpgIMG_4065.jpgIMG_5023.jpgIMG_4990.jpgIMG_4989.jpgD1DC4C22-2704-4036-86C7-B181D361B74B.jpgD25B63A7-9EFB-4666-8198-C90CA0EC07C4.jpgIMG_4966.jpg

If you have any questions about them, don't hesitate to ask!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

365 Networker

This is fantastic! I had feared that when they were replaced, the old systems would have been scrapped. Do the automated announcements still work? I would love to hear the old WAGN announcements!

D365

Veteran Member
Dare I ask how you got a hold of them?

WMasterJedi

Just a quick update, bad news unfortunately, I should of known better not to power the controller up while it was taken apart.
The Program has become corrupt possibly from a short, I'm not entirely sure.
I was a bit devastated when this happened, but what's done is done and I'm looking into buying another controller that has been tested by staff at Ilford EMU depot.

WMasterJedi

So hopefully in a week or two, I should have a new working controller, exact same as my current one except that it's working and I'll be able to show destinations again!

D365

Veteran Member
You're definitely doing well for industry contacts!

WMasterJedi

Do the interior screens still work?
Have not tried yet as I need to buy the connector, wouldn't be able to test them yet anyways due to my unfortunately broken controller, but as soon as I get another working controller I will buy the connector connect and everything together.

I'm guessing when you input the route code it will show the destination on the exterior screen and show possibly "Welcome onboard this service to x we will call at x" etc.

WMasterJedi

I will keep everyone updated once I get a new working controller!

Depending on the condition, I may also swap around the insides so then it looks identical to my original one but working.

WMasterJedi

Photos of the inside of the destination screen.

Attachments

• IMG_5045.jpg
    IMG_5045.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5046.jpg
    IMG_5046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5047.jpg
    IMG_5047.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

WMasterJedi

Photos of the inside of the controller.

Attachments

• IMG_5043.jpg
    IMG_5043.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5044.jpg
    IMG_5044.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5042.jpg
    IMG_5042.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5041.jpg
    IMG_5041.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

bramling

Veteran Member
Have not tried yet as I need to buy the connector, wouldn't be able to test them yet anyways due to my unfortunately broken controller, but as soon as I get another working controller I will buy the connector connect and everything together.

I'm guessing when you input the route code it will show the destination on the exterior screen and show possibly "Welcome onboard this service to x we will call at x" etc.

The interior screens only ever showed
“This train is for XXX”
“Calling at …”
“The next station is XXX”
and
“This is XXX. The train terminates here”.

At all other times they showed the time, or during a reboot showed the somewhat cryptic “BRB Class 465” message.

All very simple and effective, which was the class 365 all over.

WMasterJedi

The interior screens only ever showed
“This train is for XXX”
“Calling at …”
“The next station is XXX”
and
“This is XXX. The train terminates here”.

At all other times they showed the time, or during a reboot showed the somewhat cryptic “BRB Class 465” message.

All very simple and effective, which was the class 365 all over.
Thank you for the information, I have never actually been on a 365 yet I own all of these parts! I wish I did but this information is useful as I wouldn't know otherwise.

WMasterJedi

I have 3 different LED internal displays, which are all out of the same carriage, and correct if I'm wrong but I think that's all for an end carriage.

All of them are different and have different connectors, except 2 which look the same but have different connectors, and the other 1 is what goes behind the cab so looks completely different.

IMG_4150 (1).pngThis is what the two look alike ones look like. 1 of them is the Master which has a large connector that plugs into the controller and a small connector for power however the other just has 1 small connector for both.
IMG_5050 (1).pngThis is what the connector is like on the non master screen. (I don't have an image of the connector for the master this moment in time.)
IMG_5052.pngThis is what the display that sits behind the cab door looks like.
IMG_5051.pngConnectors for that display.

WMasterJedi

I have just opened the screen that sits behind the cab and the PCB definitely tells me its an earlier version.

Because wit the others it was all neat but with this there are pin headers everywhere labelled "Test Port" and a lot of the wires are connected with solder instead of a plug, not only that but there are multiple plug ports that have no cable plugged into them and do nothing.

WMasterJedi

Makes sense though, it was made in 92 instead of 94 like the others and it's circuits look as if its an earlier design.

Not sure how I'd plug these 2 in though as the Master one has a plug that plugs directly into the controller but these do not. Well the controller does have another connector port, it isn't the correct size but that one might go into a thing that splits it up into other smaller plugs for the displays.

WMasterJedi

I suspect this is from a 465.

Also, do you have the PA system keypad? See image below:-
View attachment 156188
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 08.47.58_d50d614f.jpgYou were correct it was originally for a 465!
But this definitely came from a 365, so possibly when making the 365's they used spare 465 displays.
My other two are not like this and look quite a bit different as I suspect they were made specifically for the 365's.

I do not have one of those PA units but I do know someone who does.

WMasterJedi

The font used on the display is the exact same font as what is used on the 1995 and 1996 stock displays.

WMasterJedi

The screen does have this attached, but I have found out that it’s an issue with the screens in built power supply and nothing to do with the irreplaceable electronics.
I’m powering the display with a 5V power supply as I don’t have 110V for the original supply.
The issue with the power supply was hindering me using the display as even though I wasn’t using the supply, the wires were still connected and I’m assuming something had broke and was drawing a ton of current meaning it gave the logic board issues.
To fix this I just cut the wires to the supply and that solved the issue and it worked!

Attachments

• IMG_5053.jpeg
    IMG_5053.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21