• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 374s and Ashford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Does anyone know if a Class 374 will fit in the international platforms at Ashford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrew

Are the 374s any longer than the 373s anyhow?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

exdeus

Are the platforms definitely built for European gauge then, bearing in mind the 373 wasn't?

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I believe at some point the tracks were lifted and realigned so the platform is now to European standard dimensions.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I believe at some point the tracks were lifted and realigned so the platform is now to European standard dimensions.

The HS1 network statement basically describes them as you do:

Trains calling at Ashford International Station will have to comply with NRIL requirements, although the international platforms (3&4) have been altered to accommodate UIC GB vehicles only.

http://highspeed1.co.uk/media/8500/hs1_network_statement__december_2012_.pdf

(NRIL = Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd for those unaware.)

Last edited:

jopsuk

Veteran Member
The International platforms at Stratford are certainly UIC gauge cleared to the extent that they had "extensions" built up and out to accommodate the 395s for the Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.