• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 377, 4 car unit, Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbouffant

On these units, my preferred seat - for reasons of leg room and a desire to keep away from other people - is the single seat next to the accessible toilet.
Is there any way to discern from viewing the front of the unit approaching the platform if this will be at the start of coach 2 or the end of coach 3, relative to the front of the unit as it approaches?
Of course the coach itself will have a coloured stripe above the actual door but this cannot be often viewed until the unit is pulling alongside the platform and by that time it is often too late to position oneself strategically to be at least fairly guaranteed of boarding first through the desired door.
A weird question I know, but one I would be grateful for any thoughts on!
Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Is there any way to discern from viewing the front of the unit approaching the platform if this will be at the start of coach 2 or the end of coach 3, relative to the front of the unit as it approaches?
From above, the coach with the universal toilet can be identified as the one with the pantograph well. In theory, if you stand far enough back from the edge of the platform this could be identified on approach.

However, square on to the front of the train, Southern don't place any identifying feature on the front of their 377 units to identify which end is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.