• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 380 New announcement Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrail170434

Hey i was on a class 380 today this has been the first time in a couple of years that i have been on a train and an announcement from what i think was customer services or it could be recorded came out it was unclear what he said but im sure i saw something saying that they either had been upgraded so that they could do this or they had it installed and they just had not used it my questions are:
Was this original or was it added later
If so why was it installed
And has anyone else heard announcement like this and what did it say

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trebor79

Established Member
I believe the GSMR system installed in some units allows the signaller to make PA announcements on the train.

On Moderation
I believe the GSMR system installed in some units allows the signaller to make PA announcements on the train.
The ability for the signaller to make PA announcements was a DOO requirement as I recall it, and the old Cab Secure Radio system also had that functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.