• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 66 light loco on WCML fast lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Today I was travelling on the 16:53 Avanti West Coast service from Milton Keynes Central to London Euston and when passing roughly North Wembley I saw a light loco class 6 pass us on the fast lines. What was also odd was that the loco was running between the 17:03 to Birmingham New Street and the 17:07 to Liverpool Lime Street. There is definetely no service booked to run at this time of a light loco class 66.

Does anyone know why this light loco class 66 was running?

I checked on RTT and couldn't find it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class 170101

Established Member
Probably something has failed and the Class 66 has been commandeered to remove it and thefastest way to do it is on the fast lines with all the other non-stop traffic.

DBS92042

Established Member
Today I was travelling on the 16:53 Avanti West Coast service from Milton Keynes Central to London Euston and when passing roughly North Wembley I saw a light loco class 6 pass us on the fast lines. What was also odd was that the loco was running between the 17:03 to Birmingham New Street and the 17:07 to Liverpool Lime Street. There is definetely no service booked to run at this time of a light loco class 66.

Does anyone know why this light loco class 66 was running?

I checked on RTT and couldn't find it.
It might've been 66070 going to rescue failed 90026. The 66 ran 1Z99 from Wembley Yard to just north of Cheddington where the 90 had failed.

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
It might've been 66070 going to rescue failed 90026. The 66 ran 1Z99 from Wembley Yard to just north of Cheddington where the 90 had failed.

It was a DB red liveried 66 so that sounds about right. As it was running on the fast lines I presume it must be have been a rescue loco. Thankyou so much for being able to identify the loco and what it was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.