• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 745 Stadler FLIRTs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
And that will be enough to see the hauled stock off, given the contingency timetable.
With one spare. Should make things a lot simpler having them accepted. Full 321 training of one of the Norwich driver links is still in progress however.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
With one spare. Should make things a lot simpler having them accepted. Full 321 training of one of the Norwich driver links is still in progress however.

I’d be stopping that now if I was in charge.

ginger

Just received on a GA round robin e mail:

Dear all

Further to our email on Wednesday, we will now be introducing a reduced timetable from Monday 23 March, as everyone across Greater Anglia works flat out to provide transport for people delivering essential services. With the coronavirus situation, customer demand has reduced, whilst staff availability in Greater Anglia and Network Rail Anglia has also started to be affected, making changes to the timetable necessary - as we need to provide a timetable that we can continue to offer on a consistent basis.

The timetable that will operate from Monday onwards is closer to a Sunday timetable, but with extra early morning and later evening services, to deliver an effective public transport service for key workers. Reducing the number of trains in service also creates opportunities for additional cleaning activities on trains, and in depots, and allows more targeted cleaning at stations.

The service level will deliver enough seats to meet the current demand levels and the timetable will be kept under regular review to react to any further developments.

The entire Greater Anglia team is absolutely committed to keeping the region moving, while also keeping themselves safe.

We have issued a press release summarising the plans. Full details of the reduced timetable will be available on the Greater Anglia website later today and a summary of the route by route frequency is shown below:

Half-hourly

Hertford East to Stratford

Southend to London

Hourly

Norwich to London intercity services

Ipswich to London (in addition to the intercity service)

Clacton to London – but no services to or via Colchester Town

Cambridge to London

Norwich to Cambridge – trains will not run through to Stansted Airport, so passengers can change at Ely or Cambridge for onward connections

Norwich to Sheringham, Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Norwich to Lowestoft

Ipswich to Lowestoft, Ipswich to Felixstowe and Ipswich to Cambridge

Thorpe-le-Soken to Walton-on-the-Naze

Manningtree to Harwich

Marks Tey to Sudbury

Witham to Braintree (shuttle all day with no direct trains to London)

Wickford to Southminster

Stansted Airport to London

Two-hourly

Ipswich to Peterborough

We will continue to do all we can to provide an excellent service for everyone who does travel by train and to support customers, colleagues and the communities we serve, during this challenging and difficult period.

If you have any queries, please do let me know.

Kind regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Denby
UNQUOTE

colchesterken

If I were the fat controller I would drop the N in 90 till things recover.
Or is that built into the fact that is says Hourly service to Norwich, and the N in 90 is additional.?

Railperf

Established Member
I am told that the Norwich - London service , or however far it went today, was 100% 745. Is this correct and if so what about tomorrow ?
No idea about today..but 90004 was out yesterday. And we are told 90008 might be out tomorrow..

dk1

Veteran Member
I am told that the Norwich - London service , or however far it went today, was 100% 745. Is this correct and if so what about tomorrow ?
Yes as stated tomorrow will be the last day with 008 apparently doing the honours. Today was 100% 745 operated (a 755/3 would've accommodated all the passengers with social distancing too) on the Norwich - Ingatestone services.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Yes as stated tomorrow will be the last day with 008 apparently doing the honours. Today was 100% 745 operated (a 755/3 would've accommodated all the passengers with social distancing too) on the Norwich - Ingatestone services.

I think it was 745002, 745005, 745006, 745009 & 745010 in charge of all Norwich services today (Sunday). So by the time full service is required again there will likely be a full complement of 745/0s and 745/1s meaning no need for 90s+Mk3s - the use of Mk3 coaches dwindles :(.

Railperf

Established Member
Absolutely. None of the mainline services I saw yesterday was carrying any more than a dozen passengers or so. The regionals seemed to be as busy.

Railperf

Established Member
Any idea which diagram yet?

fat_boy_pete

I think it was 745002, 745005, 745006, 745009 & 745010 in charge of all Norwich services today (Sunday). So by the time full service is required again there will likely be a full complement of 745/0s and 745/1s meaning no need for 90s+Mk3s - the use of Mk3 coaches dwindles :(.
By the time the full service is required again, there will be some 720's in service (probably). :D

stonojnr

Sorry but no.

Id presume in normal times theyd have announced it and maybe had a final farewell run like the 86s did, but I suppose best not to make too big a thing of it to avoid crowds gathering around needlessly

so ends the loco hauled era :(

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Id presume in normal times theyd have announced it and maybe had a final farewell run like the 86s did, but I suppose best not to make too big a thing of it to avoid crowds gathering around needlessly

so ends the loco hauled era :(

Yes. The number of trains with locos on is now really dwindling. Of course the 'hauled' part of the phrase has really already gone with the advent of DVTs. Already the phrase 'run around' won't mean much - apart from for freight. How many run around loops are there left at stations ?.

Um new thread ?.

dk1

Veteran Member
Yes. The number of trains with locos on is now really dwindling. Of course the 'hauled' part of the phrase has really already gone with the advent of DVTs. Already the phrase 'run around' won't mean much - apart from for freight. How many run around loops are there left at stations ?

Um new thread ?.

If you look at it like that, loco hauled went in the very early 90s with the advent of DBSOs on the GEML

Anonymous10

Established Member
Yes. The number of trains with locos on is now really dwindling. Of course the 'hauled' part of the phrase has really already gone with the advent of DVTs. Already the phrase 'run around' won't mean much - apart from for freight. How many run around loops are there left at stations ?.

Um new thread ?.
Wales still has one which is the daily Cardiff central to Holly head you got the night sleepers to Scotland and Cornwall I think some interncity in Scotland shame to see greater Anglia leave their loco services

Status
Not open for further replies.